Thania López-Flores has more than 9 years of experience advising domestic and multinational companies on tax matters, specifically in the areas of corporate taxes, foreign residents' taxation and indirect taxes. She worked at Ernst & Young before joining Baker McKenzie in 2015.
Her practice covers the tax compliance of multinational companies; application of double taxation treaties; tax advisory on multinational reorganizations (sales of shares, mergers, spin-offs, liquidations); tax advisory on tax litigation in connection with tax audits, consulting and Constitutional actions regarding tax matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted various clients of the digital economy sector in expanding its business into Mexico, focusing on VAT matters.
- Assisted a pharmaceutical company to successfully deal with several audits from the Mexican tax authority.
- Tax advisory in several M&A projects.
- Assisted various clients of the hydrocarbons sector in developing a legal defense strategy, following up several tax audits and litigation procedures.
- Assisted DEI Comunidad, A.C. to secure its authorization to receive donations from abroad.
- Mexico (2011)
- Universidad Panamericana (Master in Tax) (2014)
- Tecnológico de Monterrey (Bachelor's Degree in Law) (2011)
- Co-author, "Facultades de comprobación. Revisión de pérdidas fiscales amortizadas", Puntos Finos, Julio 2018
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.