Maria has extensive experience in the areas of compensation and benefits, as well as dues derived from the Social Security Law, the National Workers Housing Fund Institute Law and Pension Plans, and outsourcing matters.
She also advises clients on labor tax planning and represents them in payroll tax-related contributions litigation matters. Maria has worked significantly with companies of the oil and gas sector, particularly in the planning of the structure and setting up of their operations in Mexico and in forming labor and social security standpoints.
Representative Legal Matters
- Provided analyses of the Social Security Law to the Mexican Social Security Institute, Consejo Coordinador Empresarial, and the Congress at several events concerning amendments to the Social Security Law and its regulations.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Mexican Bar Association - Sub-coordinator, Labor and Social Security Committee
- Mexican Women Lawyers Association - Member
- Latin America Steering Committee of Labor Practice Group - Member
- Mexico (1990)
- University of San Diego School of Law (LL.M.) (1995)
- Universidad del Nuevo Mundo (M.C.L. Honors) (1990)