Kristen is an associate in Baker McKenzie's North America Antitrust & Competition Practice Group in Washington, DC. She advises clients on all aspects of antitrust law before the Department of Justice, Federal Trade Commission, US courts, and foreign competition authorities. She also defends clients involved in follow-on civil actions and assists clients with internal investigations and compliance programs.
Kristen also maintains an active pro bono practice. Her recent pro bono matters include obtaining withholding of removal for an individual from Honduras, obtaining USD 900,000 in compensation from the State of Maryland for a wrongfully convicted individual, and representing an individual in an innocence case in West Virginia.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Kristen was a Litigation Associate working on antitrust matters at another large international law firm.
During law school, Kristen was a Legal Research and Writing Fellow and represented clients before the D.C. Superior Court as a student-attorney in Georgetown's Domestic Violence Clinic. She was also a law clerk for the United States Attorney's Office in Greenbelt, MD.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Kristen:
- Acted as trial counsel for Patterson Companies, Inc. in several federal court cases accusing the company of conspiring with its primary rivals to fix prices and boycott ‘buying groups’. The Baker Botts team was granted favorable settlements in two separate competitor boycott cases (SourceOne and IQ Dental, E.D.N.Y.), and resolved an FTC lawsuit, after an eight-week administrative trial, with no monetary penalty or independent monitor.
- Named, Pro Bono Hot List, The National Law Journal 2020
- District of Columbia~United States (2018)
- Maryland~United States (2017)
- Georgetown University (JD cum laude) (2017)
- Patrick Henry College (BA Government magna cum laude) (2013)
- "Trust (Your Employees), but Verify (What They Are Doing) and Keep the Verification." Home HealthCare Now, Volume 36 - Issue 2, March / April 2018
- "Government Contract Law: The Deskbook for Procurement Professionals, Fourth Edition," American Bar Association Section of Public Contract Law, 7 February 2018