Michał is experienced in labor and employment matters. He advises on all aspects of individual and collective labour law, in particular on hiring staff, redundancies, compensation and benefits, employment policies, discrimination, employment litigation as well as trade unions. He has extensive experience in handling HR issues in M&A deals and reorganizations.
Michał provides skillful advice on labor and employment matters, compensation and benefits, HR issues in M&A and reorganizations as well as employment litigation. He also counsels clients on cross-border employment and posting of workers.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising a leading Polish bank on various issues related to remuneration schemes, trade unions and collective bargaining agreement.
- Advising a global financial institution headquartered in UK on all HR issues related to a de-merger in Poland, including transfer of staff and negotiation with employee representative bodies.
- Advising a leading global e-commerce company with headquarters in US on HR aspects of launching fulfilment centers in Poland, including working hours, health and safety, monitoring of employees and management remuneration.
- Assisting a European supplier of technologies for the pulp, paper and energy industries with headquarters in Finland on all HR aspects related to closing down business in Poland, including transfer of employees, group redundancies and negotiation with employee representative bodies.
- Representing a global financial institution headquartered in UK in a separation with a senior employee in Poland and related negotiations.
- Advising a leading global manufacturer of beverages with headquarters in US on a complex separation with a key executive in Poland who had a protected status.
- Assisting a Polish bank in hiring and separating with key executives, including board members as well as obtaining relevant regulatory clearance.
- Advising a global manufacturer of electronic equipment with headquarters in Japan on an extensive internal investigation and related separation with top executives.
- Advising a leading Polish construction company on complex hiring structures, including engaging external and agency staff.
- Assisting a foreign Embassy and General Consulate in Poland on employee remuneration schemes and working time issues.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Warsaw Bar of Advocates - Member
- Poland (2014)
- Warsaw University (Faculty of Law and Administration) (2007)
- University of Edinburgh (LL.M.)
- Warsaw School of Economics (Corporate Law)
Baker McKenzie Krzyżowski i Wspólnicy Spółka Komandytowa