Baker & McKenzie (Gaikokuho Joint Enterprise)
Not admitted to practice law in this jurisdiction
Eric is a member of the Corporate/M&A group at Baker McKenzie’s Tokyo office. He is trained and qualified in Australia.
Eric advises clients across a wide range of corporate and commercial law matters, including domestic and cross-jurisdictional mergers and acquisitions, equity capital markets and general corporate advisory.
Eric has particularly extensive experience advising both public and private companies in the energy and resources sector on all aspects of their businesses from seed raising through initial public offering and listing on the ASX, subsequent equity raisings, public and private M&A and joint venture transactions and ongoing ASX corporate governance and compliance matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Regularly advises various investment banks and securities firms, including Bell Potter, Citigroup, MA Moelis, Macquarie, Royal Bank of Canada and UBS, in relation to traditional and volume underwriting arrangements for initial public and secondary offerings by issuers.
- Advised PointsBet Holdings Limited (ASX: PBH) in securing a AUD 94.16 million strategic investment from SIG Sports Investments Corp, a member of the Susquehanna International Group and a provider of sports analytics and quantitative modelling services. Also assisted PointsBet in launching a pro rata bonus issue of novel deferred equity options.
- Advised Shell Energy Operations Pty Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Shell and part of its global Renewables and Energy Solutions business, on its acquisition and joint venture with WestWind Energy, a greenfield wind developer in Australia.
- Advised Providence Asset Group on the sale of a majority interest in its Victorian portfolio of 16 solar farms — and exclusive rights to develop a further 25 solar projects in NSW — to Infrastructure Capital Group for an initial commitment of c. AUD 100 million.
- Advised Crayon Group Holding ASA in connection with its arrangement acquisition of ASX-listed Rhipe Limited (ASX: RHP), a cloud software licensing business, for total consideration of USD 408 million.
- Advised HealthCo Healthcare and Wellness REIT (ASX: HCW) on its admission to the official ASX list by way of a fully underwritten initial public offering, raising gross proceeds of AUD 650 million. HealthCo is a healthcare- and wellness-focused Real Estate Investment Trust established from the spin-out of a portfolio of assets from Home Consortium and acquisitions from third parties.
- Advised Empire Energy Group Limited (ASX: EEG) on its acquisition of Pangaea’s Beetaloo Sub-basin portfolio of oil & gas tenements for a combination of cash, ordinary shares and unlisted options in Empire Energy.
- Advised Home Consortium on the establishment of HomeCo Daily Needs REIT (ASX: HDN) through an equal capital reduction and in specie distribution. HomeCo Daily Needs REIT was also admitted to the official ASX list by way of a fully underwritten initial public offering, raising gross proceeds of AUD 300 million.
- Advised PointsBet Holdings Limited (ASX: PBH) on its five year ASD 393 million US media partnership with NBCUniversal Media, LCC (a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation), which involved NBCUniversal acquiring an equity stake of up to approximately 29.99% in PointsBet, through the issue of new shares and options.
- Advised Afterpay Limited (ASX: APT) on its AUD 1.05 billion capital raising that consisted of a AUD 650 million institutional placement, AUD 250 million partial sell-down by the founders by way of a concurrent block trade and AUD 150 million share purchase plan.
- Advised Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited in relation to various restructuring and reorganization matters following its acquisition of Shire plc, becoming a global, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical leader headquartered in Japan.
- Advised Home Consortium (ASX: HMC) on its admission to the official ASX list by way of a fully underwritten initial public offering, raising gross proceeds of AUD 325 million.
- Supreme Court of Western Australia (2016)
- University of Western Australia (Bachelor of Laws) (2014)
- University of Western Australia (Bachelor of Science (Genetics)) (2014)
Baker & McKenzie (Gaikokuho Joint Enterprise) is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.