Marc Levey is a partner in the New York office of Baker McKenzie. He has over 46 years of experience in international taxation and is nationally recognized in his field, particularly in structuring and defending transfer pricing strategies. He has frequently been acknowledged by Euromoney as one of the "World’s Leading Tax Advisors," included in its "Best of the Best" global tax experts. Mr. Levey serves as the chair of the Firm’s Luxury & Fashion Industry Group. He was the past chair of the Firm’s Global Transfer Pricing Steering Committee.
Mr. Levey’s practice focuses on transfer pricing and cross-border transactions, tax controversies and litigation, general corporate, international and partnership taxation, and restructuring multinational company’s global operations. Mr. Levey represents a wide range of clients in proceedings before the IRS and federal courts and has substantial experience in handling tax controversies. He has worked in various industries such as pharmaceuticals and life sciences, financial institutions, energy, automotive, chemicals, electronics, consumer goods, gaming, fashion and luxury products.
Representative Legal Matters
- Serves as tax counsel on Club Med Sales, Inc. v. Commissioner.
- Serves as tax counsel on Astra USA Inc. v. Commissioner.
- Serves as tax counsel on Saint Gobain Corporation et al. v. Commissioner.
- Serves as tax counsel on Frette SA v. Commissioner.
- Serves as tax counsel on Andres Courrage Inc. v. Commissioner.
- Serves as tax counsel on Framatome Connectors USA v. Commissioner.
- Serves as tax counsel on Brillembourg v. Commissioner.
- Serves as tax counsel on the acquisition of PPC Broadband LLC and SKT International, B.V. by Belden, Inc.
- Successfully negotiated conclusions to numerous IRS tax audits, appeals controversies, fast track appeals, competent authority matters and advance pricing agreements.
- Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award, Marquis Who's Who 2017
- "Best of the Best" among international tax lawyers, Euromoney Legal Media Group
- "Best of the Best among International Tax Lawyers" and “Leading World Transfer Pricing Expert”, International Tax Review
- Listed lawyer, Madison’s Who’s Who
- Listed lawyer, Best Lawyers in America
- Listed lawyer, New York Area’s Best Lawyers
Professional Associations and Memberships
- India's Taxmann - Advisory Board Member
- BNA Foreign Tax Portfolio - Advisory Board Member
- International Tax Journal - Advisory Board Member
- University of Cincinnati College of Law's Corporate Law Center - Advisory Board Member
- American Bar Association - prior vice chairman, Affiliated and Related Tax Party Committee
- American Bar Association - founding chairman, Transfer Pricing Committee
- Journal of International Taxation - Advisory Board Member
- New York~United States (1988)
- California~United States (1983)
- Illinois~United States (1982)
- District of Columbia~United States (1974)
- Pennsylvania~United States (1973)
- University of Miami School of Law (LL.M. Honors) (1983)
- University of Cincinnati (J.D.) (1972)
- Wilkes University (B.S. Economics) (1969)