Noriyuki Kumei is a member of the Corporate/M&A Group at Baker McKenzie's Tokyo Office. Prior to joining the Firm, he worked for a domestic law firm and a major law firm in Bangkok, Thailand. Noriyuki has assisted many Japanese companies with investments in Thailand and other Southeast Asian countries.
Noriyuki has been involved mainly in matters relating to mergers and acquisitions, labor/employment law and general corporate legal matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted in the establishment of a joint venture company between a Thai company and a major Japanese manufacturer in Thailand.
- Assisted a Japanese medical corporation in the establishment of a joint venture company in Thailand.
- Assisted a major Japanese farm machine manufacturing company in obtaining foreign business licenses and BOI approval for investment promotions in Thailand
- Advised various Japanese clients on foreign investment restrictions and labor/employment regulations in Thailand.
- Assisted a Japanese IT services company in the establishment of a new branch in Myanmar.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tokyo Bar Association - Member
- New York State Bar Association - Member
- New York~United States (2020)
- Japan (2012)
- The University of Tokyo (LLB) (2009)
- Chuo University (JD) (2011)
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law (LLM) (2019)
Baker & McKenzie (Gaikokuho Joint Enterprise) is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.