Nicolas Kredel is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Dusseldorf office. He is a member of the Firm's Antitrust & Competition Steering Committee in the EMEA region and co-heads the global competition economics group.
A seasoned antitrust lawyer, Dr. Kredel is consistently recommended in various legal directories, including Chambers, Legal 500 and JUVE. In 2016 and 2018, he received the ILO Client Choice Award for his antitrust and competition work in Germany.
Dr. Kredel advises clients in EU and German competition law matters, including domestic and international cartel investigations, merger control proceedings and abuse of dominance cases. He routinely leads global projects for antitrust risk prevention (compliance systems), international investigations and transactions.
Dr. Kredel also provides competition law advice on cooperation agreements with competitors, as well as supply agreements and distribution systems. He has extensive experience in a variety of industries, including the automotive, telecommunications, FMCG, retail, defense, aviation and pharmaceutical sectors.
Representative Legal Matters
- Coordinates the antitrust work for Daimler Group on a global basis, and advises the client on various local and global projects from a merger control and antitrust perspective.
- Advised Tessenderlo Group in cartel proceedings before the EU Commission relating to alleged infringements in the construction materials sector.
- Advised Segafredo Zanetti Group in appellate proceedings against a fining decision by the German Federal Cartel Office.
- Regularly advises a leading supplier of rail vehicle components in multijurisdictional merger control proceedings, as well as on general competition law matters.
- Advises a leading EU producer of industrial products on the development and implementation of a group-wide compliance program.
- Advises a leading supplier of medical devices with regard to the development and implementation of a new distribution structure for medical products.
- Who's Who Legal 2020, Antitrust and Competition Germany
- Best Lawyers in Germany 2019 for antitrust & competition law, Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers, 2019
- Recommended in Competition Future Leaders (Partners), Who's Who Legal 2019
- Client Choice Award for Antitrust and Competition (Germany), International Law Office, 2016, 2018 and 2020
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- Germany (2005)
- Civil Court Munich (Second State Exam) (2005)
- University of Munich (Doctorate, s.c.l.) (2004)
- University of Michigan at Ann Arbor (LL.M.) (2002)
- University of Munich (First State Exam) (2001)
Co-author, "EU Commission Adopts New Block Exemption Regulation for Technology Transfer Agreements," April 2014
Contributor, EMEA Legal Insights Bulletin, September 2013
Co-author, " "Big is Bad": New Guidelines of the Federal Cartel Office," July 2013
Speaker, European Competition Law Update 2014, September 2014
Presenter, "Aktuelle Entwicklungen im europäischen und deutschen Kartellrecht," June 2013