Shinichi Kobayashi has more than 20 years of experience advising on a broad range of tax and transfer pricing issues. He has authored and co-written several highly-regarded publications on Japanese tax and other related matters, including Business Tax in Practice and Theory and M&A Handbook on Conducting Business Practically.
Mr. Kobayashi’s practice focuses on M&A taxation, international taxation and employee incentive taxation. He also advises on Japanese corporate and individual taxation, tax litigation, as well as other direct and indirect Japanese tax matters. Mr. Kobayashi has substantial experience with the technical aspects of tax litigation in Japan and frequently works with various Firm practice groups in assisting his clients.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tokyo Certified Public Tax Accountants Association
- Tax Litigation Society
- Japan Tax & Accounting Society
- Licensed Tax Attorney (Zeirishi)~Japan (1993)
- University of Tsukuba (Tax Litigation Counsel System Graduate Training Course) (2004)
- University of Tsukuba (M.B.A.) (1992)
- Gakushuin University (B.A.) (1984)
- Chuo Graduate School of Strategic Management