Anthony is a partner in the Banking & Finance team of Baker McKenzie and is based in London.
Anthony has a wealth of experience in complex cross-border finance matters and is well regarded in the market. He acts for sponsors and their portfolio companies, borrowers, banks, direct lenders and other alternative lenders on financing matters generally but with a particular focus on acquisition, leveraged and private equity finance, alternative credit and direct lending and general corporate financings.
Representative Legal Matters
Alternative credit and direct lending
- Acted for BlackRock as sole original lender in respect of USD 385 million term loan facilities provided to the world's leading digital temp staffing agency.
- Acted for BlackRock as sole lender in respect of USD 200 million term loan facilities provided to a global financial technology company.
- Acted for CPPIB Credit Investments as sole original lender in respect of a EUR 80 million Holdco PIK facility.
- Acted for KKR Credit as sole original lender in respect of a EUR 350 million Holdco PIK facility.
- Acted for Centerbridge as sole investor in respect of a USD 50 million preferred equity investment in a leading digital financing platform.
- Acted for HPS Investment Partners as sole original lender in respect of a EUR 120 million term and acquisition facility financing a sponsor led acquisition and related bolt-on acquisitions.
- Acted for HPS Investment Partners as sole original lender in respect of a EUR 100 million term and acquisition facility refinancing existing group indebtedness and subsequent bolt-on acquisitions.
- Acted for HPS Investment Partners as sole lead arranger and bookrunner in respect of a USD 360 million term facility and a USD 40 million revolving facility.
Acquisition, leverage and private equity finance
- Acted for Deutsche Bank, Citigroup Global Markets, Natixis and Nomura as bookrunners and mandated lead arrangers in respect of CVC’s "public-to-private" acquisition of April SA., financed by way of EUR 550 million term loan B facilities and a EUR 100 million revolving credit facility.
- Acted for Cinven, Permira and Mid-Europa Partners in respect of their acquisition of the Allegro Group, financed by way of a PLN 1 billion term loan A facility, a PLN 2.4 billion term loan B facility, a PLN 340 million revolving credit facility and a PLN 1.3 billion second-lien facility.
- Acted for Permira in respect of its acquisition of the Lowell Group, financed by way of a GBP 555 million senior secured bridge, a GBP 240 million senior bridge (such bridges refinanced by way of GBP 565 million senior secured notes and GBP 230 million senior notes) and a EUR 200 million super senior revolving credit facility, and its combination with GFKL Financial Services.
- Acted for PAI Partners and British Columbia Investment Management Corporation in respect of their public-to-private acquisition of Refresco Group N.V, financed by way of a EUR 445 million senior bridge (with the bridge refinanced by way of EUR 445 million senior notes), a EUR 1.2 billion term loan B facility, a GBP 200 million term loan B facility, a USD 620 million term loan B facility and a EUR 200 million revolving credit facility.
- Acted for Onex Corporation in respect of its EUR 3.75 billion acquisition of SIG Combibloc financed by way of EUR 675 million senior notes (backed by an equivalent bridge), a USD 1.2 billion term facility, a EUR 1 billion term facility and a EUR 300 million revolving credit facility.
- Recommended individual: Investment Grade Debt and Syndicated Loans, Legal 500 UK, 2023
- Notable Practitioner IFLR 1000
- England & Wales (Registered Foreign Lawyer) (2019)
- New Zealand~New Zealand (2003)
- University of Waikato (Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS), Economics and Finance) (2004)
- University of Waikato (Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)) (2002)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.