Krissy has experience handling a variety of class and single plaintiff matters involving discrimination and harassment claims, equal pay claims, whistleblower claims, wrongful termination claims and pregnancy- and leave-related claims. She also partners with clients to conduct internal investigations of sensitive matters. Krissy’s practice regularly includes conducting extensive data analytics to assess allegations of systemic biases in pay, promotional opportunities and performance ratings.
Krissy also works with clients to develop diversity programs and identify strategies and initiatives to increase diverse representation and foster an inclusive work environment. In addition, she regularly counsels clients on class action avoidance strategies, including conducting pay equity and other self-critical statistical analyses.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Krissy handled the following matters:
Defeated class certification in a nationwide race discrimination class action brought on behalf of tens of thousands of Black/African American employees and won summary judgment on the Plaintiffs’ disparate impact claims.
Successfully moved to dismiss class allegations of systemic race discrimination in hiring and promotion filed against defense contractor and defeated Plaintiffs’ efforts to obtain Rule 23(f) review of the decision.
Represented defense contractor in putative class action involving allegations of systemic race discrimination in pay, promotion, and performance ratings and successfully avoided class discovery and defeated a Rule 23(f) petition.
Defended numerous pharmaceutical companies in filed and threatened nationwide gender and race discrimination class actions.
Defended financial services providers in filed and threatened nationwide cases involving claims of discriminatory compensation practices.
- Selected, Rising Star, Employment Law, Law360, 2019
- Recommended, Dispute resolution: Product liability, mass tort and class action: pharmaceuticals and medical devices – defense, The Legal 500 US, 2018
- Recommended, Labor and employment: Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense, The Legal 500 US, 2018
- California~United States (2018)
- District of Columbia~United States (2011)
- Indiana~United States (2008)
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia~United States (2011)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana~United States (2008)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana~United States (2008)
- Vanderbilt University Law School (JD) (2008)
- Tufts University (BA) (2005)
- Panel Member, "Lifecycle of a Pay Equity Audit," Equal Pay Summit, Chicago, IL, October 2019
- Presenter, "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: Hiring Pitfalls in the 21st Century Workplace and Risk Mitigation Strategies," Wharton Research Advisory Group Meeting, Philadelphia, PA, November 2018
- Panel Member, "How to Use Diversity Data and Numbers to Change the Workplace," Corporate Counsel Women of Color Conference, New York, NY, October 2018