Kunal Katre has significant experience advising on a wide range of finance transactions, including general syndicated loans, P2Ps, acquisition financing, margin lending, structured financing, leveraged financing, first and second lien financing structures, and private equity led sponsor financing, representing a mix of corporate borrowers, banks and private equity sponsors.
Kunal has worked in Singapore for over 9 years and has prior experience working in London (where he worked for a magic circle firm) and India (where he worked for a leading Indian law firm).
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising the arrangers on the USD 1.2 billion syndicated loan financing for SKI Carbon Black (Mauritius Limited).
- Advising BlackRock and Olympus Capital on a structured credit fund lending transaction with respect to an Indonesian asset.
- Advising the arrangers in connection with structured senior and mezzanine financing for the reorganisation of the Pathology Asia Holdings Group (majority owned by TPG).
- Advising the FinAccel Group (a financial technology company creating products in retail credit for Southeast Asia and operating under the credit-lending app Kredivo in Indonesia) on their debt-raising programme in 2019 and 2020 from various credit funds.
- Advising Barclays Bank plc in connection with a structured letter of credit facility for Go Airlines (Singapore Pte) Ltd (an affiliated company of Brittania Industries Limited and Go Airlines (India) Limited).
- Advising Deutsche Bank in connection with a structured margin financing transaction for an Indonesian borrower backed by shares of an Indonesian company listed on the Indonesian stock exchange.
- Advising the arrangers in connection with an acquisition financing for the TPG Group relating to the acquisition of a healthcare company in Singapore and Malaysia.
- Advising Standard Chartered Bank on an EUR 175 million syndicated lending transaction for the Apollo Tyres Group for the operations in Europe.
- Advising Standard Chartered Bank on their financing to PT BFI Finance Indonesia Tbk and Pt Buana Finance Tbk.
- Advising Standard Chartered Bank on the USD 210 million syndicated financing for Truong Hai Auto Corporation and Thaco Bus Manufacturing Company Limited in Vietnam.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2008)
- Delhi Bar Council~India (2005)
- University of Delhi (LLB (First Division)) (2005)
- University of Delhi (BA Sociology (with Honours)) (2002)