Jukka Karjalainen is a partner in the London Tax Department of Baker McKenzie, and co-leads the UK Transfer Pricing practice. He has over 20 years of experience in dealing with transfer pricing and international corporate tax issues from both a private practice and an industry perspective.
Jukka has focused on transfer pricing throughout his career and has experience working in several jurisdictions, namely the UK, Finland and Australia. Jukka advises a variety of multinational clients from various industries on transfer pricing matters with specific focus on business model changes and intangibles. He advises clients on the design, implementation and defence of complex cross-border restructurings.
Jukka has been listed amongst the leading practitioners in his field by the International Tax Review and the Legal Media Group's Expert Guides.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising a multinational organisation in relation to supporting a three -party APA application, including participation in the presentations to the authorities, with focus on the application of the profit split method.
- Advising an international group in relation to the structuring of, and a subsequent tax authority query into the pricing of the transfer of IP between two jurisdictions.
- Advising a multinational group in relation to a post merger re-organisation and implementation of a new business model globally.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2018)
- Finland (2018)
- University of Helsinki (Master of Laws)