Joren Jansseune is a senior associate in the Banking & Finance Practice Group of the Brussels office. He joined Baker McKenzie in 2012.
Joren advises on all aspects of a broad range of financing transactions including acquisition financing, syndicated lending, real estate finance, project finance, general financing operations and security interests. Joren has advised a wide range of lenders, sponsors and borrowers on domestic and cross-border transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised the lenders in connection with the financing of the acquisition of snack producer Vanreusel by private equity firm Ergon.
- Advised mining and metals company Nyrstar on the USD 125 million refinancing of a zinc prepayment transaction.
- Advised molecular diagnostics company Biocartis on a EUR 24 million project financing provided by European Investment Bank.
- Advised ING Belgium, Belfius Bank, BNP Paribas Fortis and KBC Bank on a EUR 300 million revolving facility agreement for bpost SA/NV, the Belgian postal service.
- Advised IG Watteeuw International in connection with a EUR 210 million refinancing of the IG Watteeuw group, including the partial refinancing of the acquisition of the VCST group.
- Advised BNP Paribas Fortis as arranger in connection with a EUR 2 billion financing of the design, construction and maintenance of 165 schools in the Flemish region.
- Advised ING Bank as coordinator in connection with a EUR 90 million refinancing of the Studio 100 group.
- Advised BNP Paribas Fortis as coordinator in connection with a EUR 400 million plus multicurrency revolving loan facility for Agfa-Gevaert.
- Advised a syndicate of lenders consisting of KBC Bank, BNP Paribas Fortis, HSBC Bank, JP Morgan, Barclays Bank and Société Générale in connection with a EUR 300 million revolving loan facility for Cofinimmo SA/NV, the listed property investor in healthcare real estate.
- Brussels~Belgium (2012)
- Ghent University (Law Degree summa cum laude) (2012)