Joren Jansseune is a partner in the Banking & Finance Practice Group in the Brussels office. He joined Baker McKenzie in 2012.
Joren advises on a broad range of domestic and cross-border financing transactions, including syndicated lending, acquisition finance, real estate finance, trade and export finance, securitization, structured finance, financial restructuring, general financing operations and security interests.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised KBC Bank and other lenders in relation to the ECA-backed financing of the expansion of the port of Montevideo by Terminal Cuenca Del Plata S.A.
- Advised HSBC Continental Europe and BNP Paribas Fortis as lenders on the refinancing of the Allcargo group.
- Advised SMBC Brussels Branch as documentation coordinator and Intesa Sanpaolo as ESG coordinator on a sustainability linked revolving facility for Cofinimmo.
- Advised ING Belgium as coordinator and a club of lenders on the financing of the acquisition of the Noble Foods group by the EMPWR Nutrition group, a global developer and manufacturer of premium nutritional bars, and the refinancing of the group.
- Advised MDxHealth, a commercial-stage precision diagnostics company, on the financing of its acquisition of the Oncotype DX GPS prostate cancer business from Exact Sciences pursuant to a credit facility granted by Innovatus Capital Life Sciences Lending.
- Advised KBC Bank NV, BNP Paribas Fortis SA/NV and Belfius Bank NV as bookrunning mandated lead arrangers on a term and revolving facilities agreement for Recticel NV to finance Recticel's acquisition of FoamPartner from Conzetta.
- Advised ING Bank NV as documentation agent and a club of lenders on the refinancing of Agfa-Gevaert NV, a producer and distributor of analogue and digital imaging systems, and IT solutions.
- Advised the Choron group on a diamond and diamond trade receivables securitization.
- Advised commodity trader and merchant Traxys on its trade receivables securitization program.
- Advised Nuveen and other investors on diamond and/or diamond trade receivables securitizations for, among others, the Taché Diamonds group, the KGK Diamonds group and the Stargems group.
- Brussels~Belgium (2012)
- Ghent University (Law Degree, summa cum laude) (2012)