Joren Jansseune is a senior associate in the Banking & Finance Practice Group in the Brussels office. He joined Baker McKenzie in 2012.
Joren advises on a broad range of domestic and cross-border financing transactions including securitisation, structured finance, acquisition financing, real estate financing, syndicated lending, general financing operations and security interests.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised commodity trader and merchant Traxys on its trade receivables securitisation programme.
- Advised Nuveen as an investor on a diamond securitisation with entities of the KGK Diamonds group as sellers.
- Advised Nuveen as an investor on a diamond trade receivables securitisation with Stargems DMCC as seller.
- Advised Guggenheim Securities LLC, as placement agent and initial purchaser, on a diamond trade receivables securitisation for the Pluczenik group.
- Advised Caisse D'Epargne et de Prévoyance Hautes de France on its participation in a reversed factoring programme for Carrefour Belgium SA, a leading retail company.
- Advised KBC Bank NV, BNP Paribas Fortis SA/NV and Belfius Bank NV as bookrunning mandated lead arrangers on a term and revolving facilities agreement for Recticel NV to finance Recticel's acquisition of FoamPartner from Conzetta.
- Advised ING Bank N.V. as documentation agent and a club of lenders on the refinancing of Agfa-Gevaert NV, a producer and distributor of analogue and digital imaging systems and IT solutions.
- Advised private equity firm Ergon on the financing of the acquisition of tech talent company TMC.
- Advised the lenders on the financing of the acquisition of snack producer Beltaste by private equity firm Ergon Capital Partners.
- Acted for ING Belgium SA/NV and KBC Bank NV as lenders on the restructuring of the Le Pain Quotidien restaurant group.
- Brussels~Belgium (2012)
- Ghent University (Law Degree, summa cum laude) (2012)