Javier Jaime has over 16 years of professional experience in various areas of law, handling matters concerning civil law, commercial law, family law, litigation, tax matters and amparo actions. At present, he is a member of the Litigation and Government Enforcement Practice Group, mainly engaging in issues relating to portfolio recovery, performance or breach of agreements and amparo actions.
As a national partner in the Litigation and Government Enforcement practice group, Javier's duties involve matters relating to portfolio recovery, performance or breach of agreements and amparo actions, as well as advising clients as to risk reduction in any negotiations that they may have at their companies. He serves both individuals and legal entities, mainly focusing on trading companies, banking and financial institutions, and mining and energy companies. Javier handles matters throughout the Mexican territory.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represent a construction company in lawsuit claiming damages for alleged breaches on the construction of a hotel in Acapulco.
- Representing a company that constructed and operates a pipeline in an amparo action filed by an individual arguing he is the owner of the land and seeking compensation.
- Representing another company building a pipeline in the State of Hidalgo in 25 amparo actions and 13 agrarian claims that are trying to prevent that such pipeline get constructed.
- Representing a mining company in several agrarian actions filed by the habitants living around the mining grounds, and advising on the legal requirement to meet in all agreements to be entered with the Ejido authorities.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colegio de Abogados de Nuevo León, A.C. - Member
- Monterrey~Mexico (2010)
- Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León (Master's Degree Amparo Law) (2008)
- Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (Law Degree) (2002)
- University of Houston (2001)
Co-author, “Product Liability in Latin America,” Webinar, March 2012
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.