Marcin Iwaniszyn is an attorney-at-law admitted to practice in Poland, a partner and the head of the Banking and Finance Practice at Baker McKenzie in Warsaw.
Marcin graduated from the Faculty of Law and Administration of the University of Warsaw in 2006, also completing a course in US law, with distinction, at the Center for American Law Studies co-organized by the University of Warsaw and the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 2005, and he qualified as an attorney-at-law in 2010. Prior to joining the Firm in May 2022, Marcin worked at another renowned global law firm starting from 2005, most recently as a partner co-heading the banking and finance practice there. Following the withdrawal of the global firm from Poland, for two years he was a partner and co-head of the banking and finance practice at a Polish independent law firm founded by the partners of that global law firm.
For many years Marcin has been ranked by leading international legal rankings, such as Chambers & Partners, The Legal 500 and IFLR1000, as one of the best banking and finance authorities in Poland.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the firm, Marcin advised:
- Santander Bank Polska S.A. in connection with a PLN 5.3 billion (USD 1.25 billion) financing in connection with the tender offer launched by AccorInvest for 100% shares in Orbis (the largest CEE hotel chain).
- The lenders financing the acquisition of Zabka Polska, the largest convenience store chain in Poland, by CVC Capital Partners from Mid Europa Partners.
- Zabka Polska in connection with an ESG-linked ECA buyer credit facility made available by Banco Santander to finance the development of a logistics center and IT systems in its new logistics center near Warsaw.
- The lenders on financing the USD 3.253 billion acquisition of Allegro, the largest online marketplace and non-food shopping destination in Poland by Cinven, Permira and Mid Europa Partners, from Naspers limited.
- Vectra S.A. in connection with the financing of the acquisition of shares in Multimedia Polska S.A., as well as the refinancing of indebtedness of Vectra S.A. and Multimedia Polska S.A. by means of senior and revolving first lien and second lien facilities to be arranged by Bank Pekao S.A. and BNP Paribas SA.
- Bridgepoint Advisers Limited in connection with the financing of the acquisition of shares in Smyk, the leading retailer of children’s apparel, toys and accessories in Poland.
- A consortium of lenders on the complex, up to PLN 428 million financing of a portfolio of 140 photovoltaic farms with an aggregate capacity of 134 MW developed by 32 borrowers.
- Jyske Bank A/S and PKO Bank Polski in connection with the refinancing of senior secured notes issued by Goodvalley Group, a leading vertically integrated pork producer by means of a EUR 150 million term and revolving credit facilities.
- Echo Investment, the largest Polish developer, in connection with several of its public bond issuance programs, including its most recent PLN 300 million program.
- Warsaw University