Mihoko Ida has 15 years of experience practicing law in Japan. She is a member of the Corporate / M&A Group, the Labor / Employment Group, and the Environment Group in the Firm’s Tokyo office. She focuses on mergers and acquisitions (especially corporate reorganization in IT and healthcare industries), labor / employment laws, environmental laws, and general commercial and corporate law. She was seconded to the Firm’s Chicago office between 2011 and 2012.
Mihoko focuses on mergers and acquisitions (especially corporate reorganization), labor / employment laws, environmental laws, and general commercial and corporate law. She has been involved in many global/cross-border corporate reorganizations, and advised on organizational restructuring of Japanese and international corporations. Also, she advises on designing terms and conditions of employment, reduction in force, drafting work rules, interpretation of regulations relating to environmental laws, and compliance with Companies Act. She further handles internal investigation relating to harassment, litigation/disputes relating to labor / employment and soil contamination. Mihoko also assists clients with opinion letters, contracts and legal memoranda concerning environmental law compliance and general commercial and corporate law compliance.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tokyo Bar Association - Member
- New York State Bar Association - Member
- New York~United States (2012)
- Japan (2004)
- The University of Tokyo (LLB) (1999)
- Northwestern University (LLM) (1999)
- Author of chapter, "Legal Responsibility of Owner of Building Using Asbestos," Environmental Management, Japan Environmental Management Association for Industry, March 2014, Language: Japanese
- Author of chapter, "Clarification of Responsibility of Asbestos Control under Amended Air Pollution Control Act," Business Law Practice, Chuokeizai-sha, February 2014, Language: Japanese
- Co-author of chapter, "Social Media at Workplace,"JCCC News Chicago, The Japanese Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Chicago (JCCC), July 2012, Language: Japanese
- Co-author of chapter, “Management Practice of Special Committee,” Business Law Practice, Chuokeizai-sha, October 2007, Language: Japanese
- Co-author, TOB Handbook, Nikkei Business Publications, January 2007, Language: Japanese
Baker & McKenzie (Gaikokuho Joint Enterprise) is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.