Justin is an experienced cross-border transactional lawyer, having acted throughout his career for financial sponsors and their portfolio companies on a broad range of control and minority investments, leveraged buyouts, management equity arrangements and disposals. Justin’s client base includes growth equity, large cap private equity and other financial sponsors and their portfolio companies.
Representative Legal Matters
Matters on which Justin has advised (including prior to joining the Firm) include:
- Acquisition by Kantar (a Bain Capital portfolio company) of Mavens of London, a data-led marketing consultancy business.
- Acquisition of Centrient Pharmaceuticals, a leading Dutch-headquartered global manufacturer of beta-lactam antibiotics and a provider of next-generation statins and anti-fungals, from Royal DSM and Sinochem Group.
- Acquisition by Geometric Results Inc (a Bain Capital portfolio company) of De Poel, the UK's leading managed service provider, from its founders and management.
- Equity arrangements in connection with the $3.2B carve-out acquisition of Diversey Care, a provider of cleaning and hygiene products, from Sealed Air Corporation.
- Equity arrangements in connection with the acquisition of Fedrigoni, a leading Italian-headquartered global producer of specialty papers and self-adhesive labels, from its family shareholders.
- Acquisition of MSX International, a specialized provider of services to the automotive industry around management of dealer networks and temporary workforce, from a group of financial sponsors.
- Majority investment in Viroclinics Biosciences B.V., a leading specialized contract research organization (CRO) serving the global biopharmaceutical industry.
- Growth equity investment in OnRobot A/S, a Denmark-based provider of end-of-arm tooling used in collaborative robot systems.
- Acquisition of a controlling stake in Normec, a technology-enabled provider of testing, inspection and certification services in the Benelux region and Germany.
- Sale of Independent Vetcare, the third largest veterinary services provider in the UK, to EQT.
- New York
- Harvard University Law School (J.D.) (2006)
- University of Oxford (LL.B., Jurisprudence) (2003)
- George Washington University (B.A., summa cum laude) (2000)