Sydney Hunemuller is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Dallas office. She focuses her practice on complex commercial disputes and international arbitration, and her experience includes securities litigation, antitrust litigation, trade secret disputes, and class actions.
Sydney is a member of Baker McKenzie's North America Litigation and Government Enforcement Practice Group and North America Trade Secrets Practice Group. In law school, she served as an articles editor for the Baylor Law Review.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas - Member
- Texas Young Lawyers Association - Member
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers - Member
- Texas~United States (2020)
- Baylor University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude)
- Texas A&M University (Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance, cum laude)
- Co-author, "Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Mandates," Baker McKenzie Insightplus, December 2021
- Author, “Arbitration. Securities Class Action. Eighth Circuit reverses district court decision and requires arbitration of securities claims and denial of class certification,” International Litigation & Arbitration, Baker McKenzie, September 2021
- Co-author, “Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act. D.C. Circuit affirms the dismissal of claims against Ukraine by owners of an automobile import company based in Ukraine because the destruction of the property at issue was not an expropriation in violation of international law or a commercial activity, and Ukraine had not waived its sovereign immunity by entering into a bilateral treaty with the U.S.,” International Litigation & Arbitration, Baker McKenzie, July 2021
- Author, "Arbitration. Confirmation of Award. District court holds that issue of waiver must be decided by court and not arbitrator, and that court of the seat of arbitration is the appropriate court for such decisions," International Litigation & Arbitration, Baker & McKenzie, June 2019; reprinted by Lexology, July 2019
Firm Committee Memberships
- North America Trade Secrets Practice - Member