Jaap Huenges Wajer is a senior associate in the Indirect Tax Team in Baker McKenzie’s Amsterdam office. His practice focuses on advising national and international companies in all value-added tax, customs, and excise duty-related matters.
The emphasis of his advising role is structuring international sales and supply chains, optimizing in- and outbound transactions concerning customs, and litigation in value-added tax, customs, and excise duty matters.
He advises clients across several sectors including but not limited to mining, technology, manufacturing, energy, pharmaceuticals, and consumer goods.
Furthermore, he has experience advising various real estate projects, ranging from single building blocks, including offices and residential, to international real estate portfolios.
Jaap’s indirect tax and customs activities allow him to assist companies with a broad spectrum of works, ranging from entering the broader European Union market to the national level of an EU member state.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dutch Bar Association (NOvA)
- Dutch Association of Tax Advisers (NOB)
- Amsterdam Tax Law~Netherlands (2015)
- Radboud University of Nijmegen (LLM Tax Law) (2015)
- Radboud University of Nijmegen (LLM Civil Notary) (2015)
- Radboud University of Nijmegen (LLB Civil Notary) (2013)