Dr. Katja Heuterkes MBA
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern mbB
Dr. Katja Heuterkes joined Baker McKenzie in November 2017 as member of the Firm's corporate group in the Munich office. Katja has more than 17 years experience in German and cross-border M&A and private equity transactions. She also advises on capital market transactions. The independent directory Chambers Global/Chambers Europe repeatedly recognized Katja in its editions for her Corporate/M&A practice as she “impresses clients with her responsiveness and detailed, thorough advice, as well as her ability to explain complicated legal issues clearly and simply and as a rising star in the field of M&A.” She was also recognized in the Handelsblatt 2017 ranking as one of "Germany's best lawyers" in the area of M&A.
Katja has acted as investor and company counsel in private equity investments, management buy-outs, underwriting of minority interests, management participations and incentive schemes, venture capital investments, seed financing rounds and bridge financings. Katja has further worked on numerous capital markets transactions, ie, domestic and US securities offerings of German companies, takeover bids, including pre- and post IPO advice of selling shareholder groups.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Katja handled the following matters:
- Advised global private equity firm Advent International and its portfolio company Allnex Group, a leading international supplier of resins, as special legal and tax counsel on the acquisition and public take-over of Nuplex Industries, forming a EUR 2 billion company and global producer of coating resins for special purpose coatings and inks.
- Advised PhotoBox Holdco Ltd., Europe’s leading digital consumer service for personalized products and gifts, in its acquisition of Munich-based posterXXL Aktiengesellschaft, a leading service in Germany’s online photo print market.
- Advised private equity firms HeidelbergCapital and Creathor Venture on the sale of Accovion GmbH, a leading European full-service Contract Research Organization.
- Advised voxeljet AG, a leading German provider of high-speed, large-format 3D printers and on-demand parts services, in its USD 97.2 million cross-border initial public offering and listing on the NYSE and in its USD 41.4 million Follow-On Public Offering of American Depositary Shares.
- Advised a global laboratory supply and distribution company on its acquisition of a German-based distributor of clean room products and services with business activities in Europe and Southeast Asia.
- Advised NORMA Group AG on its EUR 386 million initial public offering on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (DACH deal of the year award at the 2012 Real Deals Private Equity Awards for 3i’s successful investment in NORMA).
- Germany (1999)
- Sydney Graduate School of Management (MBA) (2004)
- Higher Regional Court of Hamm (Second State Exam) (1999)
- University of Muenster (Dr. jur.) (1998)
- Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet Muenster (First State Exam) (1995)
Author, "ADR Programs with single listings in the US, Benefits and Challenges," Going Public Magazine Special Edition "Listing Abroad", December 2015
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.