Theodore is a principal in Baker McKenzie's Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity Practice Groups. He has several years of experience advising clients in navigating market/transactional complexities throughout APAC and EMEA. Before settling in Singapore, Theodore was based in London and Dubai.
Theodore acts for global financial sponsors and multinational corporates on the full spectrum of corporate matters across all sectors, with a focus on cross-border mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital work.
Representative Legal Matters
Selected experience prior to joining Baker McKenzie:
- Advised Unity Digital Infrastructure (backed by Aboitiz InfraCapital and Partners Group) on its acquisition of mobile towers from PLDT (through its subsidiaries Smart Communications and Digitel Mobile Philippines).
- Advised GIC on its investment in renewable energy company Greenko.
- Advised Globe Telecom on its sale of mobile towers to (i) Frontier Tower Associates Philippines Inc. (backed by KKR and Pinnacle Towers); (ii) Miescor Infrastructure Development Corporation (a joint venture between Stonepeak and Manila Electric Company); (iii) Phil-Tower Consortium (backed by Macquarie Capital); and (iv) Unity Digital Infrastructure.
- Advised Sports Hub (a consortium vehicle owned by Infrared Capital among others) on the termination of its public-private partnership with, and divestment of assets to, Singapore government agency SportSG in relation to the Singapore Sports Hub, comprising the National Stadium of Singapore and surrounding facilities.
- Advised General Atlantic on various transactions, including its investment in fintech company VNLife.
- Advised CPP Investments on various transactions, including its investment in e-commerce platform Flipkart Group.
- Advised The Blackstone Group on various transactions, including its privatisation and delisting of SGX-listed Soilbuild Business Space REIT.
- Advised a Middle Eastern sovereign wealth fund (as a major shareholder) in renewable energy company ReNew Power's business combination with SPAC RMG Acquisition Corp. II.
- England & Wales
- BPP University Law School (L.P.C., Distinction)
- University of Bristol (LL.B., First Class Honours)
Baker & McKenzie Wong & Leow is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.