Andrew Hedges is a climate change and clean energy lawyer based in London. He works on a range of transactions driven by the ongoing transition to a low carbon economy. His expertise spans the development of renewable energy projects, energy efficiency, sustainable energy procurement (including long term corporate PPAs) and carbon finance. Andrew also provides regulatory advice impacting on the design of a range of energy transactions.
Andrew is ranked as a Band 1 individual by Chambers Global.
Representative Legal Matters
Corporate energy procurement (off-site and on-site)
- Currently advising a global consumer products company on a UK VPPA. This is their first UK deal after a number of US deals.
- Currently advising a global construction company on a CPPA involving a guaranteed firm profile.
- Currently advising a global brewing company on their European CPPA procurement program.
- Advised HSBC on their most recent UK CPPA, announced in September 2021.
- Advised Brookfield on their first UK CPPA with BP (for the benefit of Amazon).
- Advised Voltalia on their CPPA with City of London.
- Recently assisted on the largest cross-border VPPA deal in Europe, being the VPPAs with Heinekin, Phillips, Signify and Nouryon with a Neoen wind project in Finland.
- Advised Level 10 (a CPPA advisory platform) on adjustment of their VPPA template for use for UK projects.
- Advised Nestlé UK & Ireland in relation to its long term agreement with Community Wind Power to purchase all of the power from a new windfarm being developed in Scotland.
- Advised a global energy company on a Europe wide renewable generation solution for Amazon.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales - Member
- International Emissions Trading Association (IETA) - Member
- Taskforce for Scaling Voluntary Carbon Markets - Member
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2009)