David Hart is a partner in Baker McKeznie's corporate group, based in London. He joined the Firm as a trainee in 2007 and became a partner in 2019. He is a member of the Firm's TMT Industry Group.
David advises corporate and financial sponsor clients on cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and investments. He has a particular focus on the TMT sector. In 2016 he was seconded to the principal M&A legal team at Barclays, advising on Barclays' proprietary M&A legal work.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Equinix, Inc. on its USD 1 billion joint venture with GIC in relation to the development and operation of Hyperscale data centres in Europe.
- Advised the Bitfury Group, a bitcoin and full-service blockchain technology company, on its USD 80 million private placement with global institutions and corporate investors.
- Advised Danish shipping and logistics company, DFDS A/S on its EUR 950 million acquisition of UN Ro-Ro from it private equity owners Actera Group and Esas Holding.
- Advised Lightsource BP on the creation of its partnership with BlackRock Real Assets including the transfer of a 25 asset newly-constructed ROC and CFD portfolio with an installed capacity of 156 MW.
- Advised NASDAQ-listed Trimble Inc. on the acquisition of UK based Network Mapping Group Limited.
- Advised Unilabs (a portfolio company of Apax Partners) on its acquisition of the Alpha Medical and AesKuLab Group from Mid Europa Partners.
- Advised Veridium, a fintech company focused on biometric authentication, in connection with its equity financing and shareholder arrangements, including its Series B funding round.
- Advised Atos on its acquisition, through its subsidiary Worldline, of First Data Baltics from First Data Corporation.
- Advised Citigroup Venture Capital International, the Rohatyn Group and PineBridge Investments in relation to their investment in, and exit from, Sindicatum Carbon Capital.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England & Wales - Member
- England & Wales (2009)
- Cambridge University (Trinity Hall) (B.A. English) (2003)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.