Luke is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Corporate Finance Department in London. He joined Baker McKenzie in September 2018 as a trainee solicitor and completed a secondment at Cobham PLC in 2019.
Prior to beginning his training contract, Luke worked in the Baker McKenzie Belfast Center as a member of the Corporate Support team, working on high-volume, large-scale projects, including e-discovery and M&A due diligence.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for the initial purchasers in connection with the issuance by VTR Finance N.V. and VTR Comunicaciones SpA, subsidiaries of Liberty Latin America, of USD 550 million aggregate principal amount of 6.375% senior notes due 2028 and USD 600 million aggregate principal amount of 5.125% senior secured notes due 2028, respectively.
- Acting for the arrangers and dealers on the establishment of a USD 6.5 billion global medium-term note programme by VEON, a leading global provider of connectivity and internet services.
- Advising Alawwal bank on its USD 4.9 billion share for share merger with the Saudi British Bank.
- Advising PureCircle Limited on its GBP 185.3 million takeover offer from US-based food ingredients maker Ingredion Incorporated.
- England & Wales (Solicitor)~United Kingdom (2019)
- (L.P.C.) (2017)
- Queens University Belfast, Northern Ireland (LL.B.) (2015)
- Contributor, "The Modern Dilemma: Balancing Short- and Long-Term Business Pressures," World Economic Forum White Paper, March 2019
- Co-contributor, "Baker McKenzie Cross-Border Listings Guide," describing the requirements of stock exchanges and raising capital for investment banks, issuers and other market participants worldwide, Eighth Edition, 2020