Carlos Guijon is a junior associate of the Tax Practice Group in Baker McKenzie's Mexico City office. He joined the Firm in August 2017, and has focused his practice assisting local and multinational companies on tax audits and tax litigations procedures. He has also assist local and multinational companies during administrative procedures before several governmental entities.
Carlos Guijon focuses his practice on tax planning and litigation in connection with tax, administrative law and constitutional matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Participated in various tax litigation proceedings against the Ministry of Finance and Public Credit.
- Participated in developing a strategy and in following up several amparo actions in tax matters.
- Represented industry clients in tax audits and litigation requests.
- Participated in the development of strategies involving the litigation of public bidding matters.
- Participated in diverse queries for the interpretation of tax provisions.
- Participated in the development of legal strategies to attend administrative procedures with several governmental entities (i.e., Profeco, Invea, Cofepris, Turismo, etc.) with the aim to avoid penalties or any administrative sanctions.
- Mexico (2020)
- Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (LL.B.)
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.