Weronika Guerquin-Koryzma is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s Warsaw office. She is the head of the Warsaw Office Real Estate Practice. Before rejoining the Firm in 2021, she worked at Linklaters' Warsaw office from 2006, and before that - from 2001 to 2006 - at Baker McKenzie's Warsaw office. She has been recommended by Chambers Europe and Legal 500 EMEA in the Real estate category.
Weronika advises domestic and international investors, developers, investment funds and financial institutions on real estate transactions in the office, logistics, retail, hotel and residential sectors in Poland and CEE, in the field of acquisitions (including portfolio), real estate M&A transactions, structuring of joint ventures, sale and lease back transactions, as well as consultancy in the development process and in the commercialisation of projects.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised one of the largest logistics developers in Poland on land acquisitions and disposals of the logistic projects throughout Poland.
- Advised an Austrian asset management company on the acquisition of two office buildings with a retail function located in the centre of Warsaw.
- Advised one of the largest residential, office and retail developer in Poland on acquisitions of brownfields in Warsaw, Poznan, Lodz and Krakow.
- Advised the owner of a branded hotel in Warsaw on the refinancing and the sale of the hotel to an institutional investor.
- Advised an institutional client on a joint-venture with one of the largest residential developers in Poland on setting up of a PRS platform and acquisitions of new PRS projects by the platform.
- Advised a UK institutional investor on the acquisition of a number of shopping outlet centres in Poland.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Warsaw Chamber of Legal Advisors
- Urban Land Institute Poland
- Poland (2005)
- Warsaw University (Post Graduate Diploma in European Law) (2005)
- Warsaw University (Master of Law) (1999)
- Participated as an expert in a CEE round table expert discussion organised by ULI Poland - September 2020.
- Overcoming Covid-19 in real estate transactions - co-author of the article in Eurobuild CEE September 2020 edition.
- Panellist at the annual conference organised by Hotel Trends Poland & CEE - Legal Aspects of Franchise Agreements - November 2019.
- Panellist at a conference organised by MMC Real Estate Financing - LMA Standard, May 2018.
Baker McKenzie Krzyżowski i Wspólnicy Spółka Komandytowa