María Ofelia is a member of the Firm’s Corporate Practice Group in Tijuana. She has been practicing in Mexico since 1988 and advises on matters involving mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate law and foreign investment matters, among others.
She provides sound legal advice to clients engaged in the maquila industry, as well as other parties interested in establishing their business in Mexico, such as product marketers and real estate developers. She also handles the incorporation of companies as vehicles for clients to carry out their activities in the country. In addition, Maria Ofelia helps to implement solutions to restructurings, transformations, mergers and spin-offs to enhance the development of business operations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on corporate activities, such as companies’ organization and operations, corporate incorporation and maintenance, meeting minutes, preparation of agreements, etc.
- Advised on foreign investments, the establishment of companies and branches in Mexico and the creation of strategic alliances.
- Represented clients in mergers and acquisitions, asset and stock purchase projects, corporate restructurings and companies’ transformation.
- Advised on negotiation and joint venture conditions and structure.
- Collaborated in the structuring of major projects and privatizations, public biddings, corporate finance and stock issue.
- Advised on investigations for monopoly practices and analyses of commercial strategies.
- Mexico (1988)
- Universidad Autonoma de Baja California (Law Degree) (1988)
- Mexico City
Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.