María Ofelia Guajardo Calvillo is a member of the Firm’s Corporate Practice Group in Tijuana. She has been practicing in Mexico since 1988, and advises on matters involving mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate law and foreign investment matters, among others.
Ms. Guajardo provides sound legal advice to clients engaged in the maquila industry, as well as other parties interested in establishing their business in Mexico, such as product marketers and real estate developers. She also handles the incorporation of companies as vehicles for clients to carry out their activities in the country. In addition, Ms. Guajardo helps implement solutions to restructurings, transformations and spin-offs to enhance the development of business operations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised on corporate activities, such as companies’ organization and operations, corporate incorporation and maintenance, meeting minutes, preparation of agreements, etc.
- Advised on foreign investments, the establishment of companies in Mexico and the creation of strategic alliances.
- Represented clients in mergers and acquisitions, asset and stock purchase projects, corporate restructurings and companies’ transformation.
- Advised on negotiation and joint venture conditions and structure.
- Collaborated in the structuring of major projects and privatizations, public biddings, corporate finance and stock issue.
- Advised on investigations for monopoly practices and analyses of commercial strategies.
- Mexico (1988)
- University Autonoma de Baja California (License) (1988)
- Mexico City