Matthew Gorman is an associate in the Global Immigration & Mobility practice of Baker McKenzie's Washington, DC office. Matthew advises on corporate and employment-based immigration law, including work visa petitions, permanent residence and permanent employment certification applications. He also advises on issues of admissibility, waivers and motions to reopen/reconsider.
Matthew represents pro bono clients before the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services in matters relating to naturalization, appeals and VAWA.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Immigration Lawyers Association - Member
- Maryland State Bar Association - Member
- Illinois~United States (2017)
- Maryland~United States (2014)
- University of Maryland (J.D., magna cum laude) (2014)
- Temple University (B.A.) (2011)
Baker McKenzie Articles
- The Global Employer: Global Immigration & Mobility Quarterly Update , March 2021
- United States: Status Quo for H-1B Cap Season, February 2021
- United States: Start preparing - The H-1B Cap registration window is coming soon!, February 2021
- United States: 10 Questions To Ask Before Managing Form I-9s Electronically, August 2020
- United States: Latest COVID-19 Related Presidential Proclamation on US Immigration Expands Restrictions and Impacts Nonimmigrant Visa Applicants Abroad , June 2020
- International: Transferring employees to Canada or Mexico after an unsuccessful US H-1B Lottery, April 2020