Sukbae David Gong is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Global Tax Practice Group in Chicago. He provides domestic and international tax planning advice for corporations and pass-through entities. Prior to law school, he was an auditor at a Big Four accounting firm working on financial statement audits of various public and private companies. He passed the CPA exam in 2009. He was also a sergeant in the Republic of Korea Army.
David advises US, non-US and multinational clients on an array of federal income tax matters. David is experienced in tax matters related to corporate mergers, acquisitions and restructuring. He also regularly advises on tax matters related to joint ventures, REITs, private equity funds and real estate transactions.
- Illinois~United States (2016)
- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D. cum laude) (2016)
- University of Virginia (M.S. Accounting) (2008)
- Indiana University (B.A. Mathematics Honors) (2007)
- Indiana University (B.S. Business Honors) (2007)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.