Roxana Massiel Gómez Orta has been recognized as one of Mexico’s leading tax lawyers by Defensa Fiscal in its 2007, 2008 and 2009 editions. She joined the Firm in 2001, and was appointed a national partner of Baker & McKenzie Abogados, S.C. in July 2007. Ms. Gomez Orta has 15 years of professional experience, and is currently a member of the Firm’s Tax Practice Group. She is also a member of the Academia de Derecho Fiscal de Nuevo León, A.C.
Ms. Gómez Orta focuses her practice on tax and administrative law matters, as well as amparo litigations. She has represented multinational companies in matters involving undue collections of contributions and assists clients in administrative cases, dispute resolution and litigation, as well as tax amnesty requests.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised several clients on the application of tax strategies designed to maximize their financial results.
- Assisted various clients in audits or tax reviews, including those initiated by local or federal authorities regarding all types of contributions.
- Designed legal defense strategies for clients who have been imposed with tax credits by authorities due to omissions in their contribution payments.
- Represented several clients in amparo actions against unconstitutional reforms regarding the Mexican tax legislation.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Academia de Derecho Fiscal de Nuevo León, A.C. - Member
- Mexico (1996)
- Universidad Anahuac and Universidad de Cantabria (Experto Internacional en Precios de Transferencia) (2011)
- Tecnológico de Monterrey (EGADE (Argumentación Jurídica)) (2008)
- ASEPCO Capacitación (Manejo del Conflicto en las Relaciones Humanas) (2007)
- Institute for U.S. Law (US Legal Methods (Introduction to US Law)) (2004)
- Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo Leon (Master's Degree Tax Law) (2001)
- University of Monterrey (Lic. en Derecho) (1996)