Roxana Massiel Gómez Orta has been recognized as one of Mexico’s leading tax lawyers by Defensa Fiscal and International Tax Review in their Tax Controversy Leaders and Women in Tax Leaders editions. She joined the Firm in 2001, and was appointed a national partner in July 2007. Roxana has more than 20 years of professional experience, and is currently a member of the Firm’s Tax Practice Group, which has been recognized as a highly recommended global tax practice by Chambers Global. She is also a member of the Academia de Derecho Fiscal de Nuevo León, A.C and was appointed as a member of the board, acting as the treasurer during 2008-2009 and as advisor during 2015-2016.
She has published articles in Defensa Fiscal, IDC Asesor Jurídico y Fiscal, Puntos Finos, Players, Práctica Fiscal, Corporate Business Taxation Monthly, Maquila Reynosa, Inter-American Trade Report and Tax Notes International, among others.
Roxana focuses her practice on tax and administrative law matters, as well as constitutional litigations. She has represented multinational companies during a tax audit, contesting tax assessments, refunds of undue collections of contributions, dispute resolution and litigation, as well as tax amnesty requests.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised several clients on the application of tax strategies.
- Assisted various clients in audits or tax reviews, including those initiated by local or federal authorities regarding all types of contributions.
- Designed legal defense strategies for clients who have been imposed with tax credits by authorities due to omissions in their contribution payments.
- Represented several clients in amparo actions against unconstitutional reforms regarding the Mexican tax legislation.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Academia de Derecho Fiscal de Nuevo León, A.C. - Member
- Mexico (1996)
- Universidad Anahuac and Universidad de Cantabria (Experto Internacional en Precios de Transferencia) (2011)
- Tecnológico de Monterrey (EGADE (Argumentación Jurídica)) (2008)
- ASEPCO Capacitación (Manejo del Conflicto en las Relaciones Humanas) (2007)
- Institute for U.S. Law (US Legal Methods (Introduction to US Law)) (2004)
- Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo Leon (Master's Degree Tax Law) (2001)
- University of Monterrey (Lic. en Derecho) (1996)