Jorge Gómez Alguacil joined Baker McKenzie Madrid in 2015 from a Big Four firm where he worked at the VAT and Customs department since 2010. He is a tax lawyer mainly focused on VAT matters, regularly handling complex tax issues, as well as controversies and litigation.
Jorge's practice covers indirect tax (VAT, Transfer Tax, Stamp Duty, Customs, Local taxes, etc.), invoicing, general tax advisory services, assistance in tax procedures of inspection and limited audits, preparation of technical memos, appeals before Tax Authorities and Courts, voluntary tax disclosures, due diligence, restructuring operations, advice on multijurisdictional operations, etc. Jorge counsels Spanish and multinational companies on VAT and indirect tax matters, such as day-to-day advice, VAT planning, reorganization, acquisitions and obtaining tax rulings.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised aerospace companies on the VAT treatment of different international programs for the construction and sale of military aircraft and helicopters.
- Advised on the VAT/transfer tax implications of the sale and purchase of outstanding real estate portfolio in Spain.
- Madrid~Spain (2011)
- Centro de Estudios Garrigues (Master's Degree Business Tax Advisory) (2010)
- Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Law Degree) (2009)
- Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Business Management) (2009)
Baker & McKenzie Madrid S.L.P. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.