Carmen is an associate in the Baker McKenzie's Antitrust & Competition Practice Group in London. She joined the Baker McKenzie Madrid office in 2019 and is now based in the London office with the Competition, Trade & Foreign Investment Practice Group.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisting Platinum Equity with merger control and foreign investment work worldwide, including the acquisition of Calderys, a leading global provider for industries operating in high temperature conditions.
- Assisting and advising Solenis (a Platinum Equity potfolio company) with its regulatory approvals on the acquisition of Diversey, leading provider of hygiene, infection prevention and cleaning solutions based in Fort Mill, South Carolinadeals.
- Advising and assisting Sika, the multinational specialty chemical company, to acquire MBCC Group, the former BASF Construction Chemicals, from an affiliate of Lone Star Funds, a global private equity firm, for a consideration of EUR 5.2 billion.
- Assisting BAT on dealing with competition issues arising globally.
- Advising numerous multinational corporations during both European Commission and CMA dawn raids.
- Madrid~Spain (2020)
- King's College London (Diploma in EU Competition Law) (2022)
- Universidad Pontificia Comillas (ICADE) (LL.B. in Law) (2018)
- Universidad Pontificia Comillas (ICADE) (B.A. in Business Management and Economics) (2018)
- Marquette University (Exchange Program) (2017)
- University of Bergen (Erasmus Program) (2017)