Laura is a lawyer specialized in Public and Administrative Law. She has thorough knowledge on governmental relationships, public entities competitiveness and resolution of disputes that hinder or delay private investment. She led the Administrative Law Department of a Peruvian law firm for four years, where she acquired extensive experience in all types of administrative proceedings.
Laura collaborated to boost private clients’ projects as well as projects of the Ministry of Transport and Communications and ProInversion. She is also experienced in real estate, environmental and urban planning law, representing both private and state-owned companies. Since 2018, she has been a Blogger for the Prometheo-CDA legal portal, and she writes articles about Construction Planning and Infrastructure.
Nowadays, she is a Professor of Administrative Law at the Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru and other prestigious schools.
Representative Legal Matters
The most relevant matters in which Laura participated include the following:
- Advised Lima Airport Partners S.R.L before the INDECOPI, accomplished the correct application of administrative and tax rules in relation to unlawfully required municipal duties for solid waste and parks and gardens.
- Advised the Centenario group on different Construction planning matters related to the refurbishment of the Camino Real Shopping Mall.
- Advised ProInversion on legal matters related to the implementation of projects such as Lima’s Convention Center in the Special Regulation Area - Business, Culture and Conventions Center (ZRE-CECC in Spanish). Also regarding the feasibility of an educational Private Initiative in the Peru’s mountain range, among other investment projects.
- Advised the Ministry of Transport and Communications on the unlocking and proper agreement interpretation of the following projects: Anillo Vial Periferico, Chinchero’s International Airport and Lima’s Metro Line 2.
- Advised different industrial and real estate companies on proceedings before the INDECOPI related to the mandatory contribution in construction authorizations that must be subject to the percentages, values and rules of the National Building Regulations and not to municipal rules.
- Advised the Social Health Insurance - ESSALUD on matters related to the contractual and economic balance of the Torre Trecca PPP Agreement.
- Advised Desarrollo de Ciudades Comprometidas (Development of Engaged Cities - DCC, in Spanish) in the drafting of a Bill on Land Use and Urban Development for the Ministry of Housing, Construction and Drainage.
- Laura has given training sessions organized by the National Competitiveness Board to municipal officers on administrative simplification and elimination of red tape.
- Becaria Thomas Buergenthal Scholarship (The George Washington University, 2011-2012).
- Associate to watch – Chambers & Partners 2016 (Real Estate)
- Associate to watch – Chambers & Partners 2017 (Real Estate)
- Associate to watch – Chambers & Partners 2018 (Public Law)
- Monthly Finance – Firm of the Year 2018: Public and Administrative Law.
- Key Expert - Leaders League 2019 - Administrative Litigation.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Lima Bar Association
- Peru (2008)
- EAE Business School (Project Management Master’s Degree,) (2014)
- George Washington University Law School (LL.M in Government Contracts) (2012)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (Law Degree) (2007)
Participated as Juror in the first Administrative Law MOOT organized by the Law Federate Center of the PUCP and the Administrative Law Research Group - GIDA, in December 2018.
Participated as Speaker in the Administrative Law Update Seminar organized by the Administrative Law Circle - CDA of the PUCP, in December 2018.
“What if more restrictions are imposed through Usage Indexes?” Advocatus, Journal edited by the students of the University of Lima. No. 33 Real Estate Law (Lima 2017)
"Urban use transfers as a management mechanism to obtain free non-residential lands and to compensate green area deficit." Published in: Urban Development Law and Environment Journal” (Spain, 2015. No. 297, Year No. 49. Administrative Law Circle Journal - CDA No. 14 Real Estate Law and Land Regulations (Lima, 2014).
Participated as Speaker in the Municipal Law Seminar organized by the CDA of the PUCP (September 2010).
“General considerations and scope of Peru’s environmental supervision.” Administrative Law Circle Journal - CDA No. 6 Real Estate Law (Lima, 2008).
Participated as Speaker in the Second, Third and Sixth National Administrative Law Congress.
“Pro Bono work in Peru.” Essay Compilation: Attorney’s Ethics and Professional Liability, Ius et veritas. Lima, 2008.