Daniela's practice focuses on resolving disputes for US and non-US companies, including financial institutions in civil litigation, corporate internal investigations, and related regulatory enforcement matters. She has successfully represented clients under investigation by the US Department of Justice, the US Securities and Exchange Commission, FINRA, OFR, OCC and state attorneys general.
Her practice also covers cross border commercial disputes, and disputes concerning wills, trusts and estates involving assets located in several jurisdictions. Daniela also has considerable experience representing corporate clients in contract and partnership disputes before US state and federal courts.
Representative Legal Matters
Successfully obtained dismissal of several hundred million dollars bond lawsuit against Latin American bank with global operations in in the US, within a few months of litigation.
Represented numerous global financial services companies with respect to subpoenas served upon branches and subsidiaries located in the US seeking customer information located at their Latin America and Europe headquarters.
Represented several banks with respect to garnishment disputes, including multiple conflicting garnishments of multimillion dollars in accounts previously blocked by OFAC.
Provided analysis and consultation to European and Latin American banks with respect to enforcement in the US of several cross border loan agreements ranging from several hundred thousand to several hundred million dollars.
Represented several financial institutions in debt collection matters involving complex loan transactions and multiple jurisdictions ranging from hundred-thousand to multimillion dollars.
Provided analysis and consultation to global financial institutions with respect to enforcement of foreign judgments in the US.
Assisted a Latin America bank with global operations with revisions and negotiations of enforcement aspect of agreement to invest in supply chain financing electronic platforms in Europe and in the US.
Assisted an European private bank with subsidiaries in Latin America with internal investigation and legal consultation with respect to its Latin America subsidiaries' activities.
Assisted a leading European wealth management and investment banking firm European in connection with court ordered production of documents and information in connection with receivership and liquidation proceedings in the US
Assisted a Latin American bank with the acquisition and surrender of license to operate in the US.
- "Influential Business Woman," South Florida Business Journal, 2019
- "On the Rise 40 Under 40," Daily Business Review, 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Brazilian-American Chamber of Commerce of Florida - Director (2012-2016)
- Brazil Foundation - Director (2013-2016)
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida~United States (2016)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida~United States (2005)
- Florida~United States (2003)
- Nova Southeastern University (JD, summa cum laude) (2003)
- Broward Community College (Attended)
- Faculdade de Direito, Milton Campos (Attended)
- Speaker, " Dissecting the Anti-Money Laundering Act of 2020 (cont.)," FIBA AML Conference, Miami, FL, 24 March 2021
- Moderator, "Anti-Money Laundering Act of 2020," FIBA Webinar. Miami, FL, 11 February 2021
- Moderator, "The end of LIBOR: What does benchmark reform mean for you?," FIBA Webinar, Miami, FL, 3 March 2020
- Moderator, "Marijuana Related Businesses, Legislation, and Banking: Where is it and where is it going?," FIBA Webinar, Miami, FL, 24 February 2020
- Moderator, "Discussion on the Importance and Interplay of the Roles of Legal Counsel and Compliance Officers," The Way Forward Conference, Miami, FL, 7 February 2018
- Moderator, "The New Final CDD Rule – Due Diligence Tips and Traps," FIBA Webinar, Miami, FL, 6 February 2018