Daniela's practice focuses on resolving disputes for US and non-US companies as well as financial institutions in securities and shareholder derivative litigation, criminal and regulatory enforcement matters, and corporate internal investigations. She has successfully represented clients under investigation by the US Department of Justice, the US Securities and Exchange Commission, FINRA, OFR, OCC and state attorneys general.
Her practice also covers disputes about wills, trusts and estates involving assets located in several jurisdictions. Daniela's extensive experience includes litigating over joint back accounts, beneficiary rights to trust and estates, rights of surviving spouses, and family-owned businesses. She also assists trustees in handling disputes. Daniela also has considerable experience representing corporate clients in contract and partnership disputes before state and federal courts.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented the consumer division of a global financial services company seeking to avoid discovery in the United States of a customer’s information in Latin America. Also representing several financial institutions in connection with similar contentious subpoena issues.
- Representing several financial institutions in multimillion-dollar debt matters involving complex loan transactions and enforcement of foreign judgments.
- Represented the claimant in a multimillion-dollar dispute in New York and parallel arbitration in Canada seeking to return assets of trusts.
- Represented global companies, including banks, in cross border investigation.
- Represented a foreign institution in connection with SEC requests for information.
- Represented a Ukrainian software development company in a technology dispute with its commercial counterpart in Florida regarding technical development and implementation of software.
- Represented a Brazilian conglomerate operating in various sectors in South America, Europe and Africa in a multimillion-dollar commercial dispute.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Daniela handled the following matters:
- Represented a broker-dealer in an investigation and enforcement action pertaining to FINRA anti-money laundering rules.
- Represented an affiliate of a multinational financial institution in parallel SEC and FINRA investigations and enforcement proceedings concerning the promotion of a financial product.
- Represented a Miami broker-dealer in a FINRA arbitration involving claims of negligent promotion of a financial product and failure to supervise.
- "On the Rise 40 Under 40," Daily Business Review, 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Brazilian-American Chamber of Commerce of Florida - Director (2012-2016)
- Brazil Foundation - Director (2013-2016)
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida~United States (2016)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida~United States (2005)
- Florida~United States (2003)
- Nova Southeastern University (JD summa cum laude) (2003)
- Broward Community College (Attended)
- Faculdade de Direito, Milton Campos (Attended)
Moderator, "Discussion on the Importance and Interplay of the Roles of Legal Counsel and Compliance Officers," The Way Forward Conference, Miami, FL, 7 February 2018
Moderator, "The New Final CDD Rule – Due Diligence Tips and Traps," FIBA Webinar, Miami, FL, 6 February 2018
Co-presenter, "The Nuts and Bolts of Most Common Issues in Cross Border Investigations," FIBA AML Conference 2018, Miami, FL, 13 March 2018
Speaker, "Beneficial Ownership, The Final Rule - Are You Ready?" FIBA AML Conference 2018 , Miami, FL, 14 March 2018
Moderator, "Ethics in Law and Technology," Legends of the Boardroom, Miami, FL, 20 October 2017