Jana Fischer is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie's International Tax Practice Group. She joined Baker McKenzie's Frankfurt office in 2011. Jana studied law in Göttingen and Sydney. She obtained an LL.M. specialized in taxation and is admitted to the Frankfurt bar since 2011. In 2014 she qualified as a certified tax consultant (Steuerberaterin). She’s the General Editor of the Firm’s Handling Tax Disputes in Europe Handbook 2018-2019.
Jana Fischer advises German and non-German clients with respect to national and international tax. Her practice focuses on the representation of clients in tax disputes, including tax field audits and tax litigation. She also advises on structuring and implementing complex corporate restructurings including requests for binding tax rulings from the German tax authority.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted in a post-merger integration for a software producer: Integration across 29 jurisdictions.
- Advised in an European post-acquisition integration project for a lifestyle apparel company.
- Represented various US multinationals: Acquisition of European/German targets (tax due diligence, transaction structuring and implementation, post acquisition integration).
- Acted in a post-merger integration for private equity investor: Integration, simplification and optimization of German mailorder group.
- Advised in a group restructuring for a multinational telecommunications company: Simplification of German group, debt push down structuring and accounting optimization and implementation.
- Frankfurt Tax Bar~Germany (2014)
- Certified Tax Advisor (Steuerberater)~Germany (2014)
- Germany (2011)
- Steuerberaterin (Certified Tax Advisor)
- University of New South Wales (LL.M. Taxation) (2011)
- Regional Court Dresden (Second State Exam Taxation) (2009)
- University of Goettingen (First State Exam Taxation) (2007)