Alexander Fischer co-chairs Baker McKenzie’s Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity practice groups in Zurich. Currently based in Zurich, Alexander also has experience working in the Firm’s Chicago office. He routinely represents clients on a wide range of areas of law ancillary to the Firm’s Banking & Finance, Private Equity and Mergers & Acquisitions practices. Alexander is a recommended lawyer in his areas of practice by the Legal 500, Chambers and other publications. He serves as a member of the board of directors of different Swiss companies.
Alexander advises listed and non-listed clients in the areas of cross-border and domestic mergers and acquisitions, private equity and debt financing. He also provides sound and insightful counsel on general corporate and commercial matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted as lead adviser for various private equity clients, including Astorg, Deutsche Beteiligungs AG, Patrimonium, Ufenau Capital Partners (formerly Constellation) and others, in sell-side and buy-side transactions.
- Represented different listed entities, including Arbonia, Bossard, Corestate Capital, Selecta, Swisscom, Walter Meier, Zehnder and others, in sell-side and buy-side mergers and acquisitions.
- Acted as lead adviser for countless non-listed clients in sell-side and buy-side mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions, many of these being cross-border transactions.
- Advised banks and lenders in various domestic and international debt finance transactions.
- Switzerland (2004)
- University of St. Gallen (Dr. oec.) (2003)
- University of St. Gallen (lic. iur.) (1998)
- CEMS - The Global Alliance in Management Education (Masters in International Management (CEMS MIM)) (1997)
- University of St. Gallen (Lic. oec.) (1996)
Baker & McKenzie Zurich and Baker & McKenzie Geneva are each members of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.