Luisa Fernandez-Guina is a partner in Quisumbing Torres’ Corporate & Commercial Practice Group. She has 11 years of experience in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring, commercial agreements and contracts, and general corporate and commercial work.
Luisa's practice focuses primarily on foreign investment regulation, doing business concerns, property transfers and acquisitions, special registrations, and outsourcing. She has also advised clients on environmental regulations and assisted them on compliance, monitoring and reporting issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assist a British multinational tobacco company in the proposed acquisition of a Philippines-based tobacco company.
- Assist an affiliate of a global financial institution in the sale of its shares in a real estate developer and management company, which constitutes 20% of the outstanding capital stock of the company to the existing shareholders.
- Assist and advise a diversified global manufacturer of equipment and components and specialty systems on various corporate matters in relation to the establishment of its shared services center in the Philippines.
- Advise a US-based company that distributes pharmaceuticals and medical products on incorporation and its registration requirements with the Philippine Economic Zone Authority and Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Advise the world's largest privately-owned health club group on restructuring its corporate entities in relation to a proposed joint venture arrangement with a private equity fund company.
- Assist a company that designs, builds, and services critical infrastructure for vital applications of data centers, communication networks, and commercial and industrial facilities in establishing its acquisition structure and restructuring a number of corporate entities in connection with its acquisition of a global data and technology company.
- Advise and assist a Philippine real estate and logistics development company in relation to the proposed investment by foreign equity funds in its urban development project located in an airport in central Luzon.
- Assist a multinational retail clothing company based in Europe with the following: (i) obtaining a certificate of pre-qualification with the Board of Investments and registration with the Securities and Exchange Commission; (ii) review of its lease arrangements with leading mall operators in the Philippines; and (iii) provide corporate secretaryship services and routine corporate advice.
- Advise one of Australia's largest health insurance companies on the legal aspects of outsourcing its call center services to a third-party service provider in the Philippines.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines
- International Bar Association
- Philippines (2006)
- Ateneo de Manila University (JD) (2005)
- Ateneo de Manila University (AB Economics cum laude) (2000)
- Hong Kong