Charles Farnsworth is a New York and Illinois qualified capital markets lawyer based in London. He has extensive experience in US securities laws and transaction management.
Charles advises on New York law, US securities law and transaction management in connection with SEC-registered offerings and private placements of international debt and equity, restructuring and liability management, and SEC reporting and other compliance matters, for companies, investors, major financial institutions and trustees across Europe, Africa, the Middle East and the United States.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented BinDawood Holding, a Saudi Arabian supermarket company, on its USD 585 million IPO (pursuant to Regulation S) listed on the Saudi Stock Exchange.
- Represented the joint global coordinators on the EUR 85 million international IPO (pursuant to Rule 144A and Regulation S) of Nyxoah, a Belgian health technology company, listed on Euronext Brussels.
- Represented KOKS Group, a CIS mining group company, in connection with a refinancing consisting of an offering (pursuant to Rule 144A and Regulation S) of USD 350 million 5.90% Notes due 2025 and a cash tender offer together with an exit consent solicitation to the holders of its outstanding 7.50% Notes.
- Represented China Pacific Insurance (Group) Co., Ltd., a Chinese insurance company, in connection with a USD 1.8 billion offering (pursuant to Regulation S) of GDRs. The GDRs were listed on the Shanghai-London Stock Connect segment of the London Stock Exchange.
- Advised Arabian Centres Company on its USD 748 million IPO, with an implied market capitalization of USD 3.3 billion, the first IPO out of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia with a full international offering, including an offering into the United States pursuant to Rule 144A.
- Advised TBC Bank, a Georgian commercial bank, in connection with its offering (pursuant to Rule 144A and Regulation S) of USD 300 million 5.75% Senior Notes due 2024 and USD 125 million 10.775% Perpetual Subordinated Callable Additional Tier 1 Capital Notes. The Notes were dual listed on the Irish Stock Exchange and the Georgian Stock Exchange.
- Represented MLP Care, the largest private healthcare service provider in Türkiye, in connection with its international IPO (pursuant to Rule 144A and Regulation S) of shares listed on the Borsa Istanbul.
- Advised the joint global coordinators on the international IPO (pursuant to Rule 144A and Regulation S) of ADES International Holding Ltd, a DIFC incorporated provider of oil and gas drilling services in the Middle East. The shares, in the form of depositary interests, were listed on the London Stock Exchange.
- Advised TBC Bank Group PLC in connection with the listing of its ordinary shares on the premium segment of the London Stock Exchange and its exchange offer for the outstanding GDRs of TBC Bank.
- Represented Arabian Food Industries Company Domty S.A.E., an Egyptian food producer, in connection with its international IPO (under Rule 144A and Regulation S) listed on the Egyptian Stock Exchange.
- Illinois~United States (2009)
- New York~United States (2005)
- New York University School of Law (J.D.) (2003)
- Brigham Young University (B.A.) (1998)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.