Representative Legal Matters
Advised 200+ companies in various industries with GDPR, CCPA, ePrivacy Directive and other privacy law compliance.
Advise companies on compliance with privacy laws meant to protect children, including Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and the Student Online Personal Information Protection Act.
Assist companies with designing, documenting, and scaling their global data privacy compliance program.
Advise online and video gaming companies with data privacy, consumer protection, and regulatory compliance.
Advise on data security incidents and responses ranging from company identified vulnerabilities to ransomware attacks.
Advise companies on setting up and operationalizing global whistleblower hotlines.
Negotiate commercial and data processing and transfer agreements in various industries and contexts (e.g. procurement, M&A).
Advise companies on global anti-spam law compliance.
- Shortlisted for Privacy & Data Protection Lawyer of the Year, Women in Business Law Americas Award, 2023
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Certified in U.S. and European privacy law (CIPP/US and CIPP/E) by the International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Washington~United States (2023)
- California~United States (2012)
- New York~United States (2012)
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law (J.S.D. with Law and Technology Certificate) (2013)
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law (LL.M.) (2009)
- Uppsala University (Juris Kandidat) (2008)
- Co-author, "Swedish Data Protection Authority Establishes Art. 41 GDPR Accreditation Requirements," Connect on Tech, 22 September 2023
- Co-author, "By the Dozen: Delaware Becomes the Twelfth US State to Enact Consumer Privacy Legislation," Connect on Tech, 14 September 2023
- Author, "4 Takeaways from the Washington State Attorney General's Guidance on the My Health My Data Act," Connect on Tech, 13 September 2023
- Co-author, "International Data Privacy Compliance, Professional Perspective - India's Digital Personal Data Protection Act: What Should US Companies Do Now?" Bloomberg Law, September 2023
- Moderator, California Health Privacy Law, 7 September 2023
- Co-author, "Senate Bill 362 to amend California Data Broker Law," InsightPlus, 30 August 2023
- Speaker, California Privacy Law Series, EU-US Data Privacy Framework, 16 August 2023
- Co-author, "Check Yourself Before You Wreck Yourself: New York and Other States Have Big Plans for Employer Use of AI and Other Workplace Monitoring Tools," The Employer Report, 9 August 2023