Helena J. Engfeldt
Representative Legal Matters
Advised 200+ companies in various industries with GDPR, CCPA, ePrivacy Directive and other privacy law compliance.
Advise companies on compliance with privacy laws meant to protect children, including Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and the Student Online Personal Information Protection Act.
Assist companies with designing, documenting, and scaling their global data privacy compliance program.
Advise online and video gaming companies with data privacy, consumer protection, and regulatory compliance.
Advise on data security incidents and responses ranging from company identified vulnerabilities to ransomware attacks.
Advise companies on setting up and operationalizing global whistleblower hotlines.
Negotiate commercial and data processing and transfer agreements in various industries and contexts (e.g. procurement, M&A).
Advise companies on global anti-spam law compliance.
Managed telecommunications analysis spanning 40 jurisdictions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Certified in U.S. and European privacy law (CIPP/US and CIPP/E) by the International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Washington~United States (2023)
- California~United States (2012)
- New York~United States (2012)
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law (J.S.D. with Law and Technology Certificate) (2013)
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law (LL.M.) (2009)
- Uppsala University (Juris Kandidat) (2008)
Publications & Presentations
- Moderator, North America International Commercial Practice Areas - What’s Hot?, 16 February 2023
- Speaker, International Expansion, Success Begins with Local Experts, 15 February 2023
- Author, "My Health, My Data – Washington state privacy bill on consumer health data," Connect on Tech, 7 February 2023
- Co-author, "California Consumer Privacy Act Regulations Closer to Finalization – 7 Takeaways," Connect on Tech, 7 February 2023
- Moderator and Speaker, California Privacy Law Series, Drafting Privacy Notices and Policies, 19 January 2023
- Co-author, "User-enabled privacy controls under CCPA regulations," Baker McKenzie InsightPlus, January 2023