Helena Engfeldt is a partner in Baker McKenzie's International/Commercial Practice Group in San Francisco. Before joining the Firm, she was a Fellow at the Berkeley Center for Law and Technology. While attending Berkeley Law, Ms. Engfeldt was awarded the Dr. Tech. Marcus Wallenberg Foundation Fellowship and the Sweden America Foundation Fellowship.
Ms. Engfeldt practices international commercial law with a focus on assisting and advising technology companies with cross-border transactions, drafting and negotiating commercial agreements, and advising on global data privacy law compliance. Helena also advises software developers, e-commerce companies, and global mobile and web gaming developers on regulatory restrictions, intellectual property, contracting and data privacy.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Certified in U.S. and European privacy law (CIPP/US and CIPP/E) by the International Association of Privacy Professionals
- California~United States (2012)
- New York~United States (2012)
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law (J.S.D. with Law and Technology Certificate) (2013)
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law (LL.M.) (2009)
- Uppsala University (Juris Kandidat) (2008)
- Author, "Mjukvarupatent I Amerikansk Appellationsdomstol – Osäkert Rättsläge för Patentkrav (Software Patents in U.S. Appellate Court" – Uncertain Times for Patent Claims), Juridisk Tidskrift, 2013-14 NR 3, 2014
- Author, "Should ICSID Go Gangnam Style in Light of Non-Traditional Foreign Investments Including Those Spurred on by Social Media? Applying Industry-specific Lens to the Salini Test to Determine Article 25 Jurisdiction", Berkeley Journal of International Law, 32:1, 2014
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.