Representative Legal Matters
Advised 100+ companies in various industries with GDPR, CCPA, ePrivacy Directive and other privacy law compliance.
Advise companies on compliance with privacy laws meant to protect children, including Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and the Student Online Personal Information Protection Act.
Assist companies with designing, documenting, and scaling their global data privacy compliance program.
Advise online and video gaming companies with data privacy, consumer protection, and regulatory compliance.
Advise on data security incidents and responses ranging from company identified vulnerabilities to ransomware attacks.
Advise companies on setting up and operationalizing global whistleblower hotlines.
Negotiate commercial and data processing and transfer agreements in various industries and contexts (e.g. procurement, M&A).
Advise companies on global anti-spam law compliance.
Managed telecommunications analysis spanning 40 jurisdictions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Certified in U.S. and European privacy law (CIPP/US and CIPP/E) by the International Association of Privacy Professionals
- California~United States (2012)
- New York~United States (2012)
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law (J.S.D. with Law and Technology Certificate) (2013)
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law (LL.M.) (2009)
- Uppsala University (Juris Kandidat) (2008)
- Co-author, "Running a Privacy Law-Compliant Inclusion and Diversity Data Collection Program Globally," International Association of Privacy Professionals, 24 May 2022
- Co-author, "Utah Signs Privacy Bill Into Law," Connect on Tech, 30 March 2022
- Co-author, "United States: California Attorney General sets sights on consumer loyalty programs for CCPA enforcement", InsightPlus, 22 March 2022
- Co-author, A Quick Primer On New Privacy Law Obligations For California Employers, The Employer Report, 14 March 2022
- Co-author, “Standardizing data-processing agreements globally,” International Association of Privacy Professionals, 28 September 2021
- Speaker, "United States: So you say you're vaccinated? Prove it! (Except as prohibited by employment or privacy laws)" (Video Chat), Connect on Tech, August 25, 2021