Holger Engelkamp is a senior associate in Baker McKenzie’s Corporate Practice Group. Prior to joining the Firm, he worked for international law firms in Berlin and Toronto. Holger completed a six-month secondment in 2012 / 2013 to one of the world's largest investor-owned power and gas companies, advising in connection with the merger of its gas unit with its energy trading business.
Holger advises domestic, multinational and global companies on large and mid-size M&A transactions as well as on venture capital and private equity transactions. He also focuses on joint ventures, all aspects of transformation and merger law as well as general corporate law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a German DAX company in the life sciences industry in relation to various joint venture and M&A transactions.
- Advised Deutsche Beteiligungs AG, a listed private equity company, in relation to the acquisition of R&M Group, a global provider of interior outfitting for ships and maritime facilities.
- Advised HOCHTIEF on selling its offshore assets to international marine contractor and long-term partner GeoSea, part of the Belgian DEME Group.
- Advised American private equity company Platinum Equity in relation to a number of M&A transactions.
- Advised an American private equity company in connection with the acquisition of the logistics division of one of the world’s largest manufacturers of construction and mining equipment.
- Advised Telefónica/E-Plus in connection with its sale of cellphone provider Yourfone to Drillisch, a German telecommunications service provider listed on the TecDAX.
- Advised a multinational electric utility company in connection with its participation in a EUR 80 million financing round of a German industrial startup developing organic photovoltaics.
- Advised various venture capital firms in relation to their investments in German innovative companies.
- Advised various pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical and medtech companies in connection with a number of M&A transactions and corporate law related matters.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Academic Association for Business and Corporate Law - registered association
- German-South African Lawyers Association - registered association
- Germany (2012)
- Humboldt University of Berlin (B.Sc.) (2011)
- University of Cape Town (LL.M.) (2011)
- Supreme Court of Berlin (2010)
- University of Goettingen (2007)