Holger Engelkamp is a Counsel in Baker McKenzie’s Corporate Practice Group and co-heads the German Energy & Infrastructure team. Prior to joining the Firm, he worked for international law firms in Berlin and Toronto. Holger completed a six-month secondment in 2012 / 2013 to one of the world's largest investor-owned power and gas companies, advising in connection with the merger of its gas unit with its energy trading business.
Holger primarily focuses on the energy and infrastructure sector as well as on the life sciences sector and advises domestic, multinational and global companies on large and mid-size M&A transactions as well as on venture capital and private equity transactions. He also focuses on joint ventures, all aspects of transformation and merger law as well as general corporate law.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised one of the world’s largest investor-owned power and gas companies in connection with the merger of its gas unit into its energy trading unit.
- Advised Aggreko plc in connection with its acquisition of Younicos AG, a German-American technology company active in the development and sale of energy storage systems and control software.
- Advised an Australian private equity company in connection with its investment in a German based company active in the recovered carbon black business.
- Advised Storengy, a subsidiary of the multinational electric utility company ENGIE SA, in connection with its participation in a EUR 80 million financing round of Electrochaea GmbH, a German industrial startup developing organic photovoltaics.
- Advised an American private equity company in connection with the acquisition of the logistics division of one of the world’s largest manufacturer of construction and mining equipment.
- Advised a multinational company positioned along the electrification value chain in connection with the construction of an offshore platform and its HVDC.
- Advised HOCHTIEF on selling its offshore assets to international marine contractor and long-term partner GeoSea, part of the Belgian DEME Group.
- Advised Isofotón S.A. in connection with the potential acquisition of insolvent Q-Cells SE in a competitive auction process.
- Advised CCNST Group (including the telecommunications network operator Amplus AG), a leading provider of broadband services in Germany, in connection with its corporate restructuring.
- Advised Sharp in connection with the worldwide restructuring of the group of companies.
- Advised Evonik Industries AG in connection with its EUR 3 billion sale of the Methacrylate Business to Advent International.
- Advised Parques Reunidos in connection with its EUR 226 million acquisition of Tropical Islands.
- Advised Thor Industries, Inc. in connection with its EUR 2.1 billion acquisition of Erwin Hymer Group.
- Advised Deutsche Beteiligungs AG, a listed private equity company, in relation to the acquisition of R&M Group, a global provider of interior outfitting for ships and maritime facilities.
- The Best Lawyers in Germany 2022 edition for Corporate Law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Academic Association for Business and Corporate Law - registered association
- German-South African Lawyers Association - registered association
- Germany (2012)
- Humboldt University of Berlin (B.Sc.) (2011)
- University of Cape Town (LL.M.) (2011)
- Supreme Court of Berlin (2010)
- University of Goettingen (2007)
Author, "Rentnergesellschaft 2.0 – Neue Gestaltungsmöglichkeiten im Konzern und bei M&A-Transaktionen" ("Pensioners' Companies 2.0 - New Options for Groups and M&A Transactions"), ZIP – Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftsrecht, September 2016