Prof. Ulrich Ellinghaus joined Baker McKenzie in Frankfurt in 1996. He has extensive experience in regulatory law, with a focus on environmental, health & safety and product safety law.
Ulrich Ellinghaus advises and represents international clients on product-related regulatory matters including technical, product safety and environmental law and regulatory compliance in the supply chain.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advises market-leading producers of IT/C and electronic equipment on all matters of product regulatory compliance in the EMEA region; coordination of multi-jurisdictional surveys.
- Advises Abercrombie & Fitch on regulatory compliance.
- Advises Eaton and Eastman on environmental and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Advised the Union des Associations Européennes de Football (UEFA) on product regulatory questions (vanishing spray).
- Coordinated on behalf of the European Commission a comprehensive survey on the implementation of the General Product Safety Directive in the Member States.
- Coordinates on a global level worldwide product recalls producers of toys, IT/C equipment, sports/leisure equipment, consumer electronics, apparel, vehicles etc.
- Advises European, US and Japanese chemical and mining companies on REACH and CLP implementation and compliance.
- Leads and coordinates, in connection with M&A transactions, environmental law due diligences; draft and negotiate environmental clauses.
- Advises food companies on requirements for food contact materials and product safety.
- Acritas Star, Acritas Sharplegal 2018
- Germany (1996)
- University of Giessen (Honorary Professor) (2007)
- University of Giessen (Dr. jur. summa cum laude) (1998)
- University of Wisconsin (LL.M.) (1993)
- University of Giessen (Referendar Exam) (1991)