Representative Legal Matters
- Provide advise and training on the legal side of customs, international trade compliance and supply chain optimization
Develop and review internal compliance positions of multinationals.
Represent/assist clients before national authorities and courts as well as before the European Commission and the Court of Justice of the European Union.
Respond to customs, excise and other trade compliance related queries occurring during Day-to-Day operations of companies from various industries.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dutch Association of Tax Advisers (NOB)
- Amsterdam Tax Law~Netherlands (2019)
- Leiden University (LLM Tax Law) (2015)
- VU University Amsterdam (Specialization Indirect Tax and International Trade) (2015)
- Author, “X. import of vehicles. Adjustment of the customs value pursuant to a contractual warranty”, Wolters Kluwer, Highlights &Insights, July 2017
- Author, “Douane- en invoer-btw-schulden: niet altijd helder communicerende vaten (trans: Customs and Import VAT: Case Law Study)” NTFR, January 2017
- Author, “AEO (new cornerstone of EU customs legislation) vs export controls” WorldECR, October 2016
- Author, “Europese douaneregelgeving op de schop (trans: European Customs Law Revised)”, Kluwer, Data Juridica, May 2016