Angus is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Corporate Group based in London. His practice focuses on all general corporate matters, including cross-border mergers and acquisitions, global reorganisations, carve-outs and acquisitions and divestments by private equity and private clients. A large proportion of his work is also in relation to cross-border or multinational transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised New Mountain Capital, LLC on its USD 2.3 billion spinoff acquisition of the Applied, Food and Enterprise Services businesses from the Discovery & Analytical Solutions segment of PerkinElmer, Inc.
- Advised Core Equity and Portman Dental on the acquisition of Dentex.
- Advised Xperi Holding Corporation on aspects of its USD 120 million acquisition of Vewd Software Holding Limited.
- Advised Kantar on the carve-out sale of its global public consulting business.
- Advised Equinix, Inc. on a number of joint ventures with GIC and PGIM in relation to the development and operation of hyperscale data centres (total value of USD 6 billion).
- Advised Hitachi Ltd. on its USD 11 billion acquisition of ABB’s power grids business in over 100 jurisdictions (the largest-ever acquisition by a Japanese industrial company).
- Advised GSK on the proposed sale of its USD 500 million Cephalosporin antibiotics business to Sandoz, a Novartis division.
- Advised KKR on its acquisition and Wella joint venture with Coty for the professional beauty and retail hair business for USD 4.3 billion, a highly complex carve-out across more than 70 countries.
- England & Wales (2022)
- BPP University Law School (Master of Laws in Commercial Legal Practice) (2020)
- Oxford University (BA Jurisprudence) (2018)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.