Sean is a partner in the Corporate Group. His practice includes advising clients on mergers and acquisitions and major projects, particularly in the energy and infrastructure sectors. His clients have included energy utilities, Governments, trade players, funds and managers and mining houses. Sean leads our Australian Energy practice.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for H.R.L. Morrison on their bid for the utility assets of Lendlease (Living Utilities).
- Acted for H.R.L. Morrison on their acquisition of Flow Systems from Brookfield.
- Acted for Whitehelm Capital, a member of the Challenger Group, on the acquisition of AGL's National Assets portfolio.
- Acted for Pacific Equity Partners and Landis & Gyr on their joint acquisition of Origin Energy's smart metering business, Acumen.
- Acted for NSW Treasury Corporation on the acquisition of a 33% interest in Worsley Multi-Fuel Cogeneration from General Electric (GE) Energy Financial Services.
- Acted for Whitehelm Capital, a member of the Challenger Group, on the acquisition of 49.9% interest in Worsley Multi-Fuel Cogeneration from General Electric (GE) Energy Financial Services. Whitehelm Capital represented Prime Super, MTAA and Telstra Super.
- Acted for the administrator of Griffin Coal on the divestment process for Griffin Power.
- Acted for a bidder for Alinta Energy.
- Acted for the New South Wales Government on the sale of its electricity retail assets under the New South Wales Energy Reform Program.
- Acted for J-Power on its successful bid to acquire the Frontier Project, Texas.
- New York~United States (2008)
- New South Wales~Australia (1998)
- University of New South Wales (LL.M.) (2005)
- Australian National University (LL.B.) (1997)
- Australian National University (Bachelor of Commerce) (1996)