Max's practice focusses on disputes, but also spans transactional and advisory based work.
Max has acted for large domestic and international clients in various construction related matters involving litigation, arbitration and mediation.
Max's transactional work includes reviewing contract documents in relation to major developments in commercial and renewable energy sectors.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for a domestic construction professional services company in relation to arbitrations arising out of the expansion of a prison complex.
- Providing advice to an international hydropower company in relation to disputes concerning a pumped hydro power facility.
- Providing advice to a power generation company in relation to disputes concerning a solar project.
- Conducting and providing strategic advice to an engineering company involved in a major arbitration concerning an offshore gas facility.
- Acting for V601 Pty Ltd, a member of the Salvo Property Group, in relation to its Victorian Supreme Court proceedings against Probuild in relation to its large-scale residential development in Metropolitan Melbourne.
- Acting for the administrators of the Ten Group, one of Australia's three major commercial free-to-air television channels.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Society of Construction Law Australia - Member
- Member of the BakerWellbeing Committee (Australia) and Global Wellbeing Task Force
- Justice Connect Self Representation Service
- Refugee Legal Centre
- New South Wales~Australia (2018)
- Australian National University (BA, LLB) (2015)