Andrea has over fifteen years of experience in international commercial & trade matters. She started her practice working in international business and supply chain management departments of multinational companies in the dietary, electric and energy solutions sectors. She teaches customs & foreign trade law at Universidad Iberoamericana, and has acted as counsel of the International Business Law Master's Degree Program.
She focuses her practice in customs and foreign trade matters, including international logistics and supply chain, INCOTERMS, international commercial agreements, special import and export customs regimes such as temporary imports of drilling platforms and vessels, as well as other customs regimes, tariff classification, non-tariff regulations, customs valuation, rules of origin, verification of origin, customs audits of the Mexican authorities, including self-correction strategies and procedures before the Tax Ombudsman, implementation of foreign trade programs, importers' registry suspensions, IMMEX and Maquiladora inventory control system compliance, anti-dumping investigations and procedures before the bi-national panel of Chapter XIX of NAFTA. She also has experience in litigation of customs and tax matters before the Federal Administrative Court of Justice, and the Federal Judicial Power.
Representative Legal Matters
Represented foreign clients in verification of origin procedures practiced by the Mexican authorities in order to demonstrate NAFTA origin.
Represented international and Mexican clients in litigations in connection with temporary imports of drilling platforms, negative NAFTA origin resolution, and other customs matters.
Conducted internal audits of foreign trade operations to prevent and correct breaches to the Mexican legislation.
Represented Mexican clients in Importers' Registry suspension matters.
Coordinated the reconstruction process of Annex 24 inventory control system and regularization of expired balances of temporary imports.
Represented Mexican clients in customs audit procedures carried out by the customs and tax authorities, self-correction disclosures and procedures before the Tax Ombudsman.
Represented several clients in customs litigation.
Implemented IMMEX and PROSEC programs for several clients.
Advised several clients on customs valuation, NAFTA origin, tariff classification, non-tariff regulations, and new business development.
Prepared international commercial contracts for several clients.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Chamber of Commerce - Customs & Logistics Committee Member
- International Chamber of Commerce - International Trade Committee Member
- Abogadas Mx Member
- Mexico (2009)
- Universidad Iberoamericana (Master's Degree in International Business Law) (2013)
- University of Guadalajara (Law Degree) (2007)
- Instituto Technologico De Estudios Superiores De Occidente A.C. (International Trade Degree) (2005)
- Co-author, "Regularization of foreign merchandise: fines' payments implications," Puntos Finos magazine, August 2015
- Author, "Revisión de Resoluciones Definitivas en Materia de Dumping y Subvenciones emitidas por la Autoridad Investigadora Mexicana ante el Panel Binacional del Artículo 1904 del TLCAN," Universidad Iberoamericana, Mexico, 2013