Representative Legal Matters
- Managed and conducted a full-scale internal investigation on behalf of a global freight forwarder on potential violations of the FCPA and other compliance issues in six North and West African nations, as part of a US Department of Justice investigation.
- Conducted an investigation for a US listed retailer and services company into allegations of fraud and improper revenue recognition practices.
- Assisted a US-based product distributor in restructuring its Nigerian operations in compliance with US and Nigerian law.
- Conducted onsite customs-related compliance assessments in six countries in Africa, Asia and South America for a multinational drilling company.
- Conducted an investigation into fraud and money laundering allegations on behalf of a Fortune 500 company’s operations in Argentina.
- Counseled a global services corporation on security and legal issues in Nigeria's delta region.
- Conducted an investigation for a U.S. listed retailer and services company into allegations of fraud and improper revenue recognition practices.
- Acted for a US-based global oil and gas service provider in drafting anti-corruption and trade compliance manuals and associated materials. Trained over 1,000 employees in six African countries on FCPA and local law compliance.
- Managed investigation of potential violations of the FCPA in China by a listed global oil and gas services company, including disclosure and reporting to the US Department of Justice and the US Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Served as compliance consultant to a global freight forwarder and a logistics provider post-DOJ/SEC settlement and delivered regular reports to DOJ/SEC as required under the Deferred Prosecution Agreement.
- District of Columbia~United States (2009)
- California~United States (2001)
- Harvard Law School (J.D.) (2000)
- Stanford University (B.A. Distinction) (1997)
Organizer and Moderator, "Supply Chain Risks & Rewards in Emerging Markets," Washington, DC, 15 March 2018
Presenter, “Human Rights, Forced Labor, and Ethical Supply Chains: Best Practices for Managing Growing Legal Obligations and Risks,” 30 January 2018
Speaker, “Corporate Resilience: Integrating Risk Management Across your Business Divisions and Third-Party Relationships,” ACC Global GC Summit, June 2018
Co-author, "Insight: DOJ Authorizes Greater Flexibility in FCPA Investigations," Bloomberg Law, 17 December 2018
Author, “The Future of Doing Business in South Africa,” May 2018