Mark Delaney heads Baker McKenzie's London Tax Practice and serves as member of the Firm’s Europe Indirect Tax Steering Committee. Prior to joining the Firm in 2006, Mark was involved in the technology, international trade and services, information communications and energy/environment sectors. Currently a member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation, he regularly advises on a broad range of UK, EU and global VAT law.
Mark advises clients on a broad range of VAT-related issues. He has extensive experience assisting in the planning of financing arrangements. He provides VAT litigation and dispute support and helps conduct multijurisdiction VAT assurance reviews, among others. Mark has also advised on the VAT, customs and transfer pricing elements of international business arrangements.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised clients on VAT mitigation and planning for cross-border business arrangements.
- Advised clients on managing the VAT aspects of multijurisdictional restructuring and post-acquisition integration.
- Advised clients on VAT process and systems review and support.
- Advised clients on VAT planning for supply chain implementation and management.
- Advised clients on managing the VAT aspects of multijurisdiction sourcing/outsourcing.
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.