Jesus Davila joined Baker McKenzie in 2002 and became partner in 2009. He is recognized as a leading lawyer in Venezuela by Chambers Latin America and IFLR1000. Jesus advises domestic and multinational companies on the full scope of corporate transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, takeovers, joint ventures and a variety of other corporate and compliance work. He has a strong track record providing insightful advice to companies on matters of antitrust, foreign investment and technology transfer, IT/Communications, and trade and commerce. Jesus has been a professor in various renowned universities in Venezuela.
Jesus has assisted several national and multinational clients and has vast experience in corporate reorganizations, helping clients adapt to the challenging Venezuelan environment. Additionally, he manages global technology agreements, procurement and major IT transactions. Jesus has handled important outsourcing and telecommunications matters with a high level of proficiency recognized by his clients. Other areas of expertise in which his experience can be highlighted are marketing, regulatory and public issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Cisneros Group-controlled C.A. Cervecería Regional in the establishment of a joint venture with Compañía Brahma Venezuela S.A.
- Represented a global leader in cleaning, sanitizing, food safety and infection control products and services in its acquisition of an industrial plant in Venezuela.
- Advised a publicly traded American multinational company in the agrochemical and agricultural biotechnology industry as Venezuelan counsel in its merger with a privately-held seed company based in Guatemala.
- Advise Nielsen in the implementation of corporate global reorganization.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Caracas Bar Association
- Proyecto Socrates Legal Association
- Presidente del Comité de Compliance de Venamcham
- Profesor de la Universidad Metropolitana (UNIMET) y miembro de su Consejo de Departamento
- Candidato al doctorado de la Universidad Católica Andrés Bello (UCAB)
- Venezuela (2002)
- New York University (LLM) (2001)
- Andrés Bello Catholic University (JD, cum laude) (1999)
Baker & McKenzie SC is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.